We’re excited to announce the next SharpTools.io release which brings with it several new features, tons of feature enhancements, and a few bug fixes!
- Fan Control Tile
- Battery Tile
- Label Tile
- Capability Based Tile Layout Picker
- Other New Features
- Bug Fixes and Enhancements
The Fan Control Tile is a brand new tile for controlling fan devices in Hubitat and SmartThings.
The Fan Control Tile includes loads of configurable options including what the tile does on tap (cycle between speeds, show a speed picker, change to a specific speed), spin animation, and more!
Note: Hubitat devices must implement the Fan Control capability and SmartThings devices must implement the Fan Speed capability for this tile to become available.
The brand new Battery Tile layout displays a battery icon which depicts the approximate battery level (to nearest 1/4ths) and can change colors to reflect warning and alert levels.
A brand new tile that enables you to display whatever text or emojis you want in a tile.
The Label tile includes several options for formatting size of text, positioning, color and more. By default, the tile shows up completely transparent, but you can configure a color on the tile to display it more like a traditional tile.
Tip: Check out how you can use emoji in a Label tile to display large emoji in a tile!
We’ve revamped the Change Tile Layout screen to better support devices that support multiple capabilities. Now choose which capability based tile layout is used.
For example, a device like the GE Motion Switch can act as either a Motion Sensor or a traditional Switch and now you can easily change between the various layouts.
While you can still use a Hero Attribute tile to display any attribute from a Thing, this makes it easier to provide a consistent display within your dashboards!
This was a feature packed release - check out the list below for even more features added to this release!
- The ‘Adjust’ modal for Thermostats allows control of the Fan Mode NEW!
- Added option to show Humidity on Thermostat tiles NEW!
- Added option to Dashboard Tile to show the Label as the ‘hero’ content (eg. no icon) NEW!
- Added option to show Label on Media Tile NEW!
- Added options to Clock Tile to hide/show date and day of week NEW!
- Resource name is now shown in the Tile Editor NEW!
Even more bug fixes and enhancements (click to view)
- Show a warning if user opens a dashboard that doesn’t exist or they don’t have access to
- Added transition animation to tiles that glow
(eg. gradual fade in/out when switch is turned on/off)
- Fix reenabling a disabled rule didn’t immediately take effect (reference thread)
- Fix some numeric rule comparisons didn’t work as expected (reference thread)
- Fix potential timing issue when single height thermostat tile setpoint is adjusted from modal
- Fix Range didn’t show numbers while dragging (eg. dim level)
- Added default hyperlink action (for old tiles with no action specified)
- Modes / SHM / Routine pickers automatically close when an item is selected
- Changing Modes / SHM / Routines will show an error toast if something goes wrong
- Placeholders are shown in empty lists if modes/routines are empty
- Dashboard names are required and a placeholder is used for anywhere the name was not set
- Improved messaging around trials and premium benefits
- Website updates