Spacer Tile - Enhancement

Hello.
Is it possible to have a “text” that is customizable on the spacer tile?
I’d like to have on this spacer tile the name of the current Dashboard.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Jack!

I originally thought about adding it to the spacer tile, but I’m wondering if some sort of ‘Label’ tile is warranted with more options around text size, position, etc. Are there any other features or customization options you’d want in a Label tile?

It sounds like your primary use case is for displaying a dashboard title… but I’m also thinking about some sort of ‘scheduled text’ where the text could change at various times of the day - maybe a simple inspirational quote, or a reminder to take the trash out, or what not. :smiley:

1 Like

Love the idea of being able to customize a label. Would love to build a row for a specific room with a label above the tiles named: “Master Bedroom” and have the ability to control the size and weight and look of the font.

1 Like

Basically any text at all, that is predefined.

However, making it a variable to be based upon something else would make it even more valuable.

I work around that I use is to create a hyperlink with no URL.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion.
I just tried it, and it works fine!
I have no further need for this enhancement…

2 Likes

Slight addition to this request, also allow the spacer tile to go full width or equal to 100. Whatever it takes :slight_smile: This would make a nice separator, especially if tiles could be coralled into the area and not jump above the spacer when moving tiles around.

1 Like

Label tiles were added to the most recent beta. I’ve made sure all of you are part of the beta group, so you should have access to the following post (which is restricted to beta users).

https://community.sharptools.io/t/tile-layouts-fan-control-and-labels/1323?u=josh

For anyone else interested in the beta, check out the following post:

1 Like

Label tiles are now available for everyone in the latest SharpTools.io update. You can find more details in the following topic:

Fan Tiles, Battery Tiles, Label Tiles, and More!

1 Like