Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

So came across Sharp tools and got hooked!! Went out and bought everything to tie in my smartthings system. With the help of @Justin_Newbury @James @josh I was able to create exactly what i wanted!!

5 Likes

Awesome! Looks great!

1 Like

I like your satellite image. Would you mind sharing how you did that? I’m in the Toronto area, so I guess a New York area would work for me.

1 Like

Hi my friend. I got satellite images from National Meteorological System (México):

https://smn.conagua.gob.mx/es/observando-el-tiempo/imagenes-de-satelite

But I think you can in some way try to look for your spot region, The images are predefined in the government institution site, I suppose has to be a way where you can get same images but focused n your region, I had found a continental one for example, I wish luck with your looking for …

https://smn.conagua.gob.mx/es/animacion-imagenes-de-satelite?satelite=GOES%20Este&nombre=Globo&tipo=Topes%20de%20Nubes

I meant maybe in the same site you cannot, but has to be a site where this images are getting to the government site …good luck !

2 Likes

Throwing another north east satellite image option here.

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov//GOES16/ABI/SECTOR/ne/GEOCOLOR/GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif

4 Likes

To add to what @James mentioned, you can can find some good tips on radar images in the following post:

6 Likes

I like the layout! Does the Nest cam give you a constant live feed or is it static images?

Also, for all of your lights, are those smart switches (if so, what kind?) or smart bulbs? I am in the process of transforming my switches to smart ones.

Here’s what I’ve come up with so far. I’m using Fully Kiosk on a Fire Tablet 7. I haven’t decided if I’ll add a dashboard for Ring Doorbells and camera or if I just need to figure out how to have the Ring app pop up over Fully Kiosk if the doorbell rings.

6 Likes

Trent are you using HikVision as well? I’m torn on using native the cameras and NVR functionality through the app or TinyCamPro to recreate the feeds to have them natively in the browser. We’ve added some Wyze as well that would I’d have to get through TinyCam as well but wanted to see what you’ve preferred so far. Also do you just have it launch the HikConnect app over the top and then go back to your browser when done? Setting up all my dashes now.

Hey Jason yes so the only option that I found to work for me was to have the hikvision app (ivms-4500) on a tile on the main dashboard i use when i want to see the cameras i tap it they all open up fast and then when I’m done i just go back to the dashboard. I prefer to see the sharptools dashboard 90% of the time. Hope this helps. I’ll try and get a few pics later and update for you.

2 Likes

I have a blink cam and using an Alexa routine to show the camera on the tablet. You will need to have Alexa enabled on your tablet set up the routine to use a “custom” action to say show “camera name” and select the fire 7 tablet. In fully kiosk you can set an option the have the it displayed for “X”time then it will revert back to your dashboard. I have this working on my fire 10 tablet. But one thing that I’m having an issue with is my fire 7 tablet is running really slow on WIFI. I have a 500Mbps connection and getting 200-300 for download but on the tablet it’s only about 20. Could the tablet have a slow WiFi chip??

1 Like

This is my first post here. Happy to show off my dashboard. Pretty basic,

but it serves its purpose.

7 Likes

4 Likes

As always, it’s a work in progress. As I’ve been automating the house the Mrs. kept saying “If you ever die I’m going to have to move… I don’t know how any of this stuff works.” Will be putting up our kiosk soon. She’s excited (as am I).

4 Likes

I thought I’d contribute and share some dashboards. There’s a tablet design and a mobile version that keeps with the same color stories/images.

Main Page > Flow

Weather: Current conditions, and daily (3) forecast
Lighting: List by room or floor plan view > Clicking on a room title (list view) exposes all devices in each room.
Music: Player list > Genre (preset stations) by player > Artist by genre
Security: Arm home/away, cameras, locks, sensors

14 Likes

My latest lighting and fan controls in pink requested by the wife.

6 Likes

@Michael would you mind sharing the css that you used to move the header and the icon like that?