Copy tile to new 'thing'

Once a tile has been customised with different style states etc (which takes time), it would be great to then copy that tile, not only to any other dashboard but to also be able to assign that style (template) to another new tile and assign to a different ‘thing’ or device. This way, if you have multiple things of the same device type, you can apply the same style theme to all of them quickly.

I’ll add to this as well.

I just started using sharptools and with 100+ devices I had to configure the icon and manually select the style on each item (sometimes multiple times if the same device was in multiple dashboards).

I am already using themes, so this has saved me a lot of time, but the themes can only modify so much.
It would be nice to copy/paste a format from 1 tile to the next.
examples: Copy the icon and style, dimensions from a light tile and paste it on all my other light tiles for the same dashboard.

The most annoying one is temperature tiles. While I’m using the themes for tile colors I still have to configure the rules on each tile.

2 Likes

This would be very helpful when editing a Hero Tile (or any other tile) that uses the same “STATE” mapping, but only needs to target a different device.

EXAMPLE:

A series of gauges that all use the same “STATES”, but need the values from different temperature sensors.

The ability to simply copy a tile and then select the value from a different device would be nice!

I realize this has been sitting for 3 years, but… :grinning:

I would like something like this as well. I’m migrating from smartthings to HA and one of the biggest things holding me back is having to redo half a dozen tiles for temperature sensors and energy production/consumption - each with variable color states depending on the value.