We’re excited to announce the next SharpTools.io release which includes a new premium Album Art tile and advanced background settings!
Advanced Background Settings
When selecting a dashboard background image, you can now toggle an ‘Advanced’ switch which provides options for:
- Opacity: Set the transparency of the background image which will cause the background color to ‘shine’ through the image
- Blur: Apply a gentle blur to the background image
- Gradient: Apply either a dark or light gradient (from top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top) on the background image
Premium Album Art Tile
A brand new premium Album Art Tile to display beautiful artwork for your Sonos / Music Player devices. For music players that report local artwork, like the ‘new’ Sonos integration with SmartThings, the provided artwork will be used. Otherwise the tile will automatically search several online music resources to pull in gorgeous album art.
The tile also has some neat features like providing quick actions with a single tap (toggle play/pause) and skipping tracks with a double tap. This is a Premium tier feature.
Other Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Automatic decoding of HTML entities in RSS Feeds
- Fans layouts are prioritized ahead of Switch layouts by default
- Fix for old iOS devices loading dashboards in ‘Add to Homescreen’ mode
- Minor spacing improvements at the bottom of several pages
- Minor improvements and enhancements