Brushed Metal Background Image

I recall seeing a dashboard with a really cool brushed metal background image with transparent tiles that someone posted here. I can’t find that post again. I’d love to know the source of that graphic as I’d like to use in on my panels. Thanks!

Pixabay, Unsplash, and Pexels are all popular websites for free images.

https://pixabay.com/

pexels.com
Free Stock Photos • Pexels
The best free stock photos & videos shared by talented creators.

I don’t recall which specific dashboard screenshot you’re referring to, but there’s a bunch of interesting results for 'metal texture' and related searches on each of the above websites:

Pixabay:

Unsplash:

Pexels:

1 Like

Hi Josh,

Is there a way to adjust opacity of a background igame/URL. AT did have this option where i can darken a background image so tiles are more visible.

Cheers

Not at the moment, but I’ve added it to the hit list.

In the meantime, you could lower the opacity/brightness of your image in an image editor - I’d be happy to provide some guidance if you’d like. Alternatively, you could try using a heavier opacity for the base tile color.

Modifying tile colour is what i have been using to get around this, modifying image could be a pain as i might be changing the background image regularly and i cant use that with the image library you have already in sharptools. (ie image of the day/weeks ect).
thanks for adding it to hi list, could be nice option to have.

1 Like

Advanced Background Settings - including opacity, blur, and gradients - were included in the following release:

1 Like