Wyze Cam Integration

the short answer is yes.

You can still remote into the Pi on YOUR network, and I suppose if you wanted to you could set up the port forwards for out of network to log in. But the Pi will ONLY deal with your cameras. You wont use it for anything else. The Pi simply wont have the power to handle the camera’s put an OS.

What I want to try doing is seeing If I can find an app for it and swarm the Rpi’s for some extra juice. Im not entirely sure it works that way, but will be a fun project

if you want to try run it as a container, you can try: Build a Raspberry Pi Webcam Server in Minutes
however I think you are going to come short due to the limited power on the Pi.

2 Likes

Hi, I have wyze cam running in my tablet with TinyCam, but in the camera configuration there is no camera IP, in my house I have a dinamic IP adress, will it work?

TinyCam’s Wyze Cam integration is cloud based meaning the TinyCam app on your tablet will talk to the Wyze Cam servers in order to establish a connection with your camera.

From there, TinyCam can rebroadcast the camera feed in a compatible MJPEG stream which can be used in a SharpTools.io dashboard. Since that stream will be produced by TinyCam on your tablet, it will be a local stream unless you explicitly open it up to the internet (which generally wouldn’t be recommended).

So after you’ve got the Wyze Cam showing in TinyCam and you enable the built-in TinyCam webserver, you’ll use the IP address of the tablet as noted in this post:

1 Like

hi guys;
now with the RTSP feature builtin to wyze cams do I still need the tiny cam?
can I use the medua tile to consume the rtsp stream directly?
thanks!

You’ll still need something like TinyCam or Blue Iris to convert the RTSP stream to a format that browsers can understand (eg. MJPG).

I believe @James has been using the RTSP streams from Wyze cam along with Blue Iris in his home.

1 Like

Hi @Guy_Katz, as @josh mentioned, take a look of another thread I posted using Blue Iris to connect to Wyze cam over their new RTSP connection and then expose it to SharpTools media tile. You can use either TinyCam or Blue Iris as the middle man, but the stream needs to be converted into MJPG to be supported in browsers.

1 Like

You are a genius!! This is exactly what I needed. Works for internal ip’s as well as external (assuming port forwarded).

I am assuming you also wrote the linked post but if not then you can just share the genius title with that guy. Thanks a ton!!
Tom

2 Likes

hi there, is there anyway i can have an alarm notification in sharptools when my wyze cam connected through tinycam pro detects motion?

@LOUIE_S, you can create a virtual switch in SmartThings, and use IFTTT to turn this virtual switch on when the Wyze Cam motion is detected. Add this virtual switch to the dashboard and customize its color to red when turned on. So you can see from distance that a motion is detected. However, to my best knowledge, Wyze doesn’t expose the motion “inactive” event, so you will need to create a rule to turn this virtual switch off after a period. See below for example.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks James. Will give it a try.

hi, I need some help please
I connected the wyze cam to tiny app, and i can see the streaming up there in the tiny app
BUT back to sharptools - nothing
i checked my IP in the wyze app and it is correct but no knowledge how to find the port - maybe I’m wrong there any way I cant see the cam in sharptools
help will be very appreciated

Hi @lior_zilber, you may be interested to check out the video made by @Justin_Newbury where he demoed the detailed steps how to add the Wyze cams from TinyCam to SharpTools dashboard. You can find the TinyCam web server port by going to Settings → Web Server in TinyCam app.

1 Like

Thanks
that’s the video I followed at the first place
but no success yet…
I can see the cam at tiny app but not at sharptools
another thing is that although i can see the preview of the cam at tiny the status stays as “not checked”
any ideas?

webserver on tiny cam enabled?

You can find some good troubleshooting steps in this post too:

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for the effort…
It works!!
followed again the steps from zero
THANK YOU!

2 Likes

If I get it right by this procedure i can actually connect any standard wifi door bell to integrate with ST and I don’t have to find the “best” or a special one, am I right?

Not necessary. Ring, for example, doesn’t provide 3rd party RTSP access, and therefore won’t be able to be connected to TinyCam, and SharpTools. And it’s hard to define the “best” one because everyone may have different needs

Here is the TinyCam supported camera list that you might be interested to double check before you purchase the camera.
https://tinycammonitor.com/support.html

Thanks!
I listed a question in a separate topic, buy maybe here it’s better…
can you recommend a fully integrated doorbell with sharptools ?

Hey Guys,

I have been following the instructions to get my Axis cameras on my Sharp Tools dashboard, but I am not having any luck. Any help would be appreciated. I have them streaming in TinyCam as well, but when I add the media into ST, it fails to load the stream. Probably missing pertinent information, so let me know what I can provide to get this figured out.

Thanks,

Jeff