Rule Engine: Improve Color Picker

Currently, the Color Map feature for devices such as Philips Hue lighting is very basic, meaning it is very limited. It’s really difficult to pick an exact color, or an exact shade of color, as the ability to do so simply isn’t there.

It would be amazing if we could have a full color wheel available to us when selecting which color we would like our lights to be, as it would allow us to really pinpoint the color we are looking for. I am currently attempting to make my lights a warm white, but they always end up looking an ugly yellow, so a color wheel would be awesome, as it would help rectify this issue.

Picker

Hope this makes sense and that it is possible! :smiley:

Just to confirm, you’re referring to the color picker in the Rule Engine, right?

Maybe something more like the Color Picker that’s used in the dashboard color tiles:

1 Like

As a side note, if the bulbs support Color Temperature directly, why not use the setColorTemperature() command instead? You could specify the exact color temperature in Kelvin.

1 Like

Good idea! Didn’t think about that, thank you. :smiley:

And yes, I am referring to the one found in the Rule Engine. The color picker used in the dashboard tiles would be perfect!

The Rule Engine now uses the same color picker as the dashboard, providing a wider range of hue and saturation values and a more consistent experience:

:link: New JSON Editor + Color Picker (Rule Engine)