Notifications, Rule Engine Enhancements, and Sign-in Account Linking

You can subscribe to the relevant Announcements category for the type of release you are interested in. :slight_smile:

You can find more details in the welcome post including some more information on how to subscribe to the announcements:

Somewhat related, you can also manage your community email/notification preferences from your community profile. For example, some people like to receive a weekly digest of the community to keep up with posts as there’s often good information outside of the announcements:

Tap your profile image in the top-right corner of the page and then tap the preferences cog.

Select Email from the left menu and then adjust your preferences accordingly:

Back on 11/12, you mentioned the slow dim up/down for lights would be in an upcoming release. Forgive me if I missed it, but is that still upcoming?

I reviewed my announcements and didn’t see it, but didn’t want to miss it.

The Sunset and Sunrise triggers and conditions in the Rule Engine are planned for next week’s release. :grin:

Can you clarify what you mean by slow dim up/down though? If you are referring to dimming a light up over a few seconds, you can do that today in a rule as long as your light supports it. Some lights accept a second parameter to the setLevel(level, duration) command where the duration is how long it should take the light to dim to the desired level. If it’s a longer period of time, you could send multiple setLevel commands with delays between them on a rule.

To clarify, I mean the ability to control lights to slowly turn up or down over a longer (e.g. 15 mins) period of time. So turning the lights on in a bedroom, for instance, over 15 minutes, so as to approximate the sun rising. Does that help?

Not the ability to trigger something at the point of sunrise and/or sunset.

Thanks for clarifying, @Casey_Stanley - we’ll add it to the list as a potential enhancement. Behind the scenes, I think it would effectively be doing something like the following. I could see how having a single quick command to handle the dimming over a period would be really helpful and streamlined!

That would get me there, though. Thanks for the suggestion. I know Samsung’s App has the “Gentle Wake Up” automation that is very slick. I can use/trigger that in the meantime.

Appreciate everything you do!

Sunrise and Sunset as triggers are included in the latest release. You can find more details in the following announcement: