Native gauges to display measurements in context of their ranges

Having gauges to display ranges / measurement is super helpful for items being measured along a scale, etc. like air quality (my example below)

--these are based on Google graphs from Hubigraph

Thanks Mark! So the idea would be that you could use any numeric Thing attribute in a gauge type tile, right? Probably applicable to SharpTools numeric variables as well.

Then perhaps some settings for adding a min/max and colored ‘ranges’ like shown in the screenshot?

Edit: With the release of Custom Tiles, we put together a proof-of-concept Gauge tile for Hubitat. It requires importing the custom tile and using the Hubitat Maker API, but it might be a good fit for some depending on your needs!

1 Like

exactly. in my use I had to flip the g/y/r order since the awair device uses higher numbers for ‘good’ but AQI scale is opposite. As you can see the major ticks don’t line up with the color g/y/r as they want to be equal sections (/5 or /6) while the color ranges are not equal

1 Like

This could work for temperature also …!! I have no more votes… =(

You could always unvote for something else to free up a vote! I was at my vote limit, so I unvoted for something else to move my vote here. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can filter to the list of items you voted on by tapping the ‘My Votes’ filter at the top of the Feature Requests category… or by clicking the following link:

https://community.sharptools.io/c/feature-requests/11/l/latest?state=my_votes

Ha! Yes, the google gauge https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/gauge.

Used to have these on the old ThingsSpeak site several years ago before I had a hub to display arduino data. Would be great as you said with SharpTools generating them based on a numerical value with full customizations.

With the release of Custom Tiles, we put together a proof-of-concept Gauge tile for Hubitat.

:timer_clock: Hubitat Gauge Tile - Custom Tile PoC

It requires importing the custom tile and using the Hubitat Maker API, but it might be a good fit for some depending on your needs!

Can I somehow get these to work with smartthings? Really like the idea of gauge style temperature tile for my huge water heater.

I dont think there is an easy way for smartthings attributes in custom tiles but this feature request would fix that.
Make “Custom Tiles” have access to platform resources like Variables and Things - Feature Requests - SharpTools Community

Latest updates on gauge custom tiles, hubitat only:
Hubitat Gauge Tile - Community Projects - SharpTools Community

I used Home assistant wich has some great gauges.
Would love to see some similar in Sharptool <3
gauge

5 Likes

Yes, please add a standard gauge tile that can be used with the Homey integration. One use case is showing the State of Charge of a battery (0-100%). Other use case is showing power usage (e.g. from -2000W to +7000W)

2 Likes

I was wondering if it’s possible to have the gauge face black instead of white. Any help is much appreciated.

I’m missing something. Were gauges ever added? I also like the Home Assistant style gauges @Gisle_Johnsen referenced. In may current use case i’m looking for a gauge to indicate the waste level in my Litter Robot.