How to connect Tuya devices to SmartThings and SharpTools

Couldn’t you unlink the Smart Life connection from Google Home then authorize the (Globe Life connected) devices via the SmartThings link in Google Home? That way when you control the devices via Google Home it will control them in SmartThings so SmartThings is aware of the state changes.

I don’t think I can in my case. The problem I have right now is that I have most of my devices in Smart things classic under the “My Home” location. I linked up the Globe suite app to the new Smart things app under the “Home” location, because it is my understanding that I couldn’t do it to the classic app.

Then Google home is also linked too Smart things classic “My Home” location and I don’t think I can link Google home to 2 different locations.?

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and switch completely to the new Smart things app, but I thought there were too many features missing from the new app.

It sounds like you might have a phantom “Home” location. This was a common issue during the changeover from SmartThings to Samsung accounts and the introduction of the Samsung SmartThings mobile app.

You can find more details on the issue as well as instructions on how to delete the phantom location and migrate any devices from the phantom location to your primary location in the following thread:

Once that’s resolved, you can have all your devices on a single location and would be able to authorize them in Google Home all under the single location.

1 Like

In the new ST app, you can refresh by dragging down on the screen. But I don’t see how you can automate it in the app. But webCore has the ability to do refresh on a device that supports it. I have it do that every minute, so the ST app is nearly always synced.

The only reason I care about this is the Tuya device I use has a remote control. I need to know when the remote control activates the device.

1 Like

You can also use SharpTools rules to refresh devices, but it would have to be triggered by a device, such as motion. Unless @josh wants to give us an “every n seconds” trigger.

3 Likes

For those who had difficulties linking Tuya devices through Globe Suite since last Friday(12/28), here is a post from Globe Electric in ST community that they were making some changes and the service has been impacted during this period, and they will send out an update later.

I am having difficulty getting WebCore to see my Tuya Smart bulbs. I have them integrated into SmartThings, but when I go to add them under the WebCore smart app they don’t show under any of the categories. Luckily I was able to use your rule engine to get what I wanted on the dashboard, but I thought I would ask if you might know of a solution? Also, in regards to the color control of tuya on the dashboard they are unusable for me unless I specifically set up a rule with the choose color command. Thought I would pass this on just in case you are unaware. I am quickly learning that the money you save buying cheaper Tuya wifi devices may not be worth the trouble. Thanks for all of your help!

@Chris_Akins we are aware of the color picker issue with the devices integrated via Globe Suite, it’s in our list to check. Tagging @Josh here so he is aware of that the color can be changed via rule.

It’s interesting that you couldn’t see the new devices in webCoRe after adding them to webCoRe smart app specifically, I will test this later.

I think these bulbs are good for their price, but there’s still room for improvement in terms of the ST integration.

Just to clarify they would not show up in the smart app. Thanks for the response. Just a bit on the rules to change colors, it can be finicky because you can’t see what color you are producing to the actual light bulb. If you mess with it enough you can get the desired results.

I am not sure if the device not showing up issue is related to the recent recent Globe Suite issue reported on 12/28. (See the referred ST community post in my previous post.) I wanted to see if I can reproduce the same issue, but I cannot see the device in ST anymore, and cannot re-add it back to ST yet since Globe Suite is temporary removed from ST app.

Can you please provide more details about the color issue set via rule? Did you get completely different color than expected or somehow similar but not quite?

@James - thanks for following up on this. Anything I can do to assist with my devices? Any further feedback on this?

@Mark_Godfrey, we did the initial investigation and are suspecting if Tuya bulb requires level argument when sending setColor command, which is an optional argument per SmartThings’ document.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to test and confirm it since my bulb quit working in ST as many other users experienced, and the Globe Suite integration was temporary removed from ST app. (See my previous post for details, and they expect to release it again in Jan.) So we will have to wait until it is published again to be able to further dive into this, and hope the new release will fix the issues that people have reported.

@James I am from Australia and unsure if it is because of a delayed release. But i have yet to see either glove or tuya as a brand to be added in smart things in the by brand section. Unsure if i am just being really stupid or if there is just a delay on a release but i haven’t found any supporting data specific to Australia so unsure. There isn’t a really obvious refresh or some other method that i should be doing so that i can see the brand??

If I remember correctly, some of the brands and integrations are released on a per-country basis. @Automated_House may have more insight on this - I feel like I’ve seen him post about brands/integrations being region specific on the SmartThings Beat Twitter account.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Globe Suite is temporary removed from SmartThings integration as they mentioned the integration with ST was released prematurely, and there have been many issues reported. It sounds they are working on the fixes and plan to officially release again in Jan. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thankyou. Was driving me crazy not being able to find the application or find any direct cause for it not being there. Must of missed the post from globe. Hoping it gets fixed soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like Globe Suite should be back soon. See the post below.

1 Like

Still No Globe listed In Smartthings Brands

1 Like

Unfortunately, the date has been pushed back a few times, and it sounds it is going to be by the end of Feb from the post in SmartThings’ community, although it is not directed replied by Globe Electric account in the forum. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Globe Suite integration has made its way back to SmartThings yesterday, but unfortunately, there seems to be other issues still. Like many have reported in the ST community, I cannot find any device (Merkury bulbs) from the linked account in SmartThings. :thinking:

Hope they get this resolved soon.