Is there a way to change the layout while designing on the web based platform? Like if I’m making dashboards for a phone or tablet…can it display how it would on a phone (2 columns) on the web somehow so design goes smoother?
There’s two common approaches that are used:
- Keep the phone or tablet nearby with the dashboard open as you make edits on your laptop
- As you make changes to a dashboard on your laptop, those changes will be instantly pushed to your phone/tablet when you press save on your laptop
- Use the Device Toolbar in Chrome Developer Tools to simulate a device size
- In Chrome on a laptop/desktop, press F12 to open Chrome Developer Tools
- Select the icon in the toolbar to enable the device toolbar
- Select a relevant device from the device toolbar to simulate that device’s screen
Awesome. Thanks a lot.
Thanks Josh. That’s very useful info.