Upcoming Features

@josh’s comment certainly added even more gas to get the global variables feature done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

loving the work you guys are doing more and more!

Global variables will DEFINITELY be a huge add on and I cant wait to see how you guys integrate it!

3 Likes

When’s the next update?

I just pushed out a minor update tonight. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll post some details over the weekend.

We’ve been on a 1-2 week release cycle lately.

2 Likes

:joy: sweet!!!

Any chance you figured out how to have an active/inactive color for AC units?

1 Like

I’ll bump it up the list. :smiley:

In the meantime, here are some fresh changes for you:

3 Likes

So guys I have no idea how to do this, but any ideas?

Would be huge if you beat AT to the punch line on this. Let me know if you can’t access the forum without an account and I’ll screen shot it for ya

If I remember correctly, there is already a community device handler for Plex which conforms to the Music Player / Media Controller capabilities… which means it would show up like the tiles do for the Sonos with play/pause, next/previous, media title, etc.

For example, I wrote a Kodi device integration for SmartThings at one point and it can be controlled via the dashboard.

Our vision is to expand to more IoT platforms. We recently added Hubitat and we would like to add more platforms (eg. Wink, Philips Hue). I wouldn’t rule out Plex being added at some point, but it’s more likely to be a community developed integration once we roll out support for community developed tiles.

I might be missing something here… How exactly do you add a tile like that?

Haha i feel so stupid that Ive integrated RPI, my alarm and a whole bunch of other things and Im missing something as simple as a media tile like this?? Can you point me to a post or something on these?

You are not the only one. It’s not obvious to me either.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

What kind of devices are you trying to use? The device has to implement the ‘Music Player’ capability.

If there are other device capabilities which might benefit from the same tile layout, I’m happy to look into it if you can share the specific devices (and a link to the code if it’s a community device handler). :grinning:

I don’t have Sonos or maybe anything that can use the tile but very curious in the functionality so I was looking for in the UI after it was announced as I wanted to understand how it worked and if it was something I could possible utilize. I have Plex, Goolgle Home and Alexa in my setup but after spending a few minutes poking around it was not clear how I would even add the tile but I guess if you a supported device the functionality just shows in the tile?

1 Like

That’s right! Just like thermostats automatically use the Thermostat tile by default, media players (which implement the Music Player capability) show up with the media playback tile by default.

Do you have this setup as a device in your hub? You could try adding it it a dashboard - if its implemented with Music Player capabilities, then it should show up with the tile layout pictured above. If not, send me a link to the community code and I’ll take a look.

No, Plex isn’t linked to any of my hubs,

Do you have a SmartThings hub or Hubitat hub?

It looks like there’s a Plex implementation for SmartThings which implements the Music Player capability:

1 Like

I actually have both. Thanks for the info as I didn’t know about this integration but will look into it.

1 Like

So I installed the dth for it, and while it works ok, it doesn’t really help with navigation or starting last view or newly added.

Really hoping we get some full integration…

Just circling back on this thread with an update that all of the features mentioned in the quote(s) above were included in today’s release:

• PIN Protection and other tile security options
  • Fullscreen enhancements for iPads, Fully Kiosk, and other devices
  • Thermostat coloring (active coloring and optional red/blue heating/cooling coloring)
  • Checkmarks displayed for things already added to a dashboard in Add Items

Check out the following post for more details:

Tile Security, Dashboard Customizations, Thermostats, and Fullscreen

4 Likes

Awesome job guys!

Look forward to updating everything!

2 Likes

Honestly @josh you guys have outdone yourselves. The only thing left in my opinion is text wrapping or font scaling, or even the possibility to choose your font size. Once this is done, you guys have a far better product than “the other guys”
Everyday Im either moving pistons to rule engine or tablets over to you from them.

Seriously, congrats!

4 Likes