Hubitat Elevation Support!

We are excited to announce support for Hubitat Elevation - the home automation platform that focuses on fast, reliable, local execution using the Hubitat Elevation Hub!

Important: You must upgrade to firmware 1.1.3 or newer on your Hubitat Hub in order to take advantage of this integration.

This release includes support for Hubitat via the SharpTools.io web dashboard and Rule Engine and includes the ability to:

• View and control your devices
  • React to device changes and build rule conditions on device state
  • Change modes and react to mode change events
  • Arm/Disarm Hubitat Safety Monitor and react to HSM events
  • Build rule conditions based on mode or HSM state

NOTE: We’ve had a few reports of people having trouble with their authorizations ‘sticking’ which may be related to parent-child devices. If you have any parent-child devices and are having trouble authorizing your devices, try authorizing just a single simple on/off switch first and then add more devices from there.

Integrate Hubitat into your SharpTools.io dashboards:

Integrate Hubitat into your SharpTools.io Rule Engine automations:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I use this alongside other home automation platforms that are integrated with SharpTools?

A: Yes! You can mix and match devices, triggers, and conditions from any supported platform. This is great for having a single holistic view of your home from your dashboard… as well as the ability to have devices from one platform interact with devices from another platform using the Rule Engine.

Q. Do I have to open ports on my router?

A: Nope! The integration takes advantage of the Hubitat cloud relay which securely provides access to your Hubitat Hub.

Q. Are the Tasker Plugins and Android Widgets supported?

A: No, the SharpTools.io web application is a standalone product that provides Dashboards and a Rule Engine. Note that you can use the SharpTools.io Rule Engine to integrate between various platforms and your mobile device. (more details)

Q. Does the dashboard support XYZ device in Hubitat?

A: Our goal is to support a wide variety of devices across a wide variety of platforms. The release has been tested with a variety of devices including lights, thermostats, motion sensors, and more! If you find a device that isn’t supported or isn’t working as expected, please let us know!

Q. Where can I find more information about Hubitat Elevation?

A: You can find lots of information about Hubitat Elevation on the Hubitat website and the Hubitat Community!

Q. Where can I get support for this integration?

A: Feel free to post a topic here on our community site or send a message to support@SharpTools.io and we would be happy to help!

3 Likes

We pushed out an update tonight based on the feedback received so far - thanks for sharing your suggestions!

• You can now change your device selections from the SharpTools App in the Hubitat administration UI and it will sync the changes over to SharpTools automatically
    • Note that you can still use Manage Connections on SharpTools.io if you prefer that as it’s the same list of device selections :slight_smile:
    • (Same concept applies for SmartThings users who might change their device selections in the SmartThings mobile app)
  • Updates to the weather tile based on feedback:
    • The various attributes will display even if they are a numeric 0 (eg. 0% chance of precipitation).
    • The units for wind tries to fall back to getting the units from the device… it looks like the units aren’t being sent over properly from Hubitat so I’ll look into that.
  • Things in the ‘Add Item’ list are sorted by name
  • The thing tile renders as a Switch if a Thing implements both Switch and Button capabilities.
  • Dimmer support for Hubitat

You can also find some good discussion on the integration over on the Hubitat community:

2 Likes

I am new to SharpTools. I have just created a test Hubitat dashboard which does work. But my question is about logging into the SharpTools website on my desktop PC or iPhone. I am required to log into the site each and every time I access the site. This is very cumbersome, particularly on my phone. Am I missed something? How can I stay logged in?

Kyle-
Thanks for the message. SharpTools uses long lived tokens, so you shouldn’t need to login each time on your phone or desktop.

The only times we’ve seen this happen is when the browser was set to clear cookies/cache each time the browser was opened.

Can you tell us more about what browser you are using and if it has any settings or browser plugins which might be clearing data?

Hi Josh. Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I am using very vanilla Safari on my iPhone X. I created a home screen page shortcut to be able to access SharpTools directly. Each time I tap on it, I get the “Login Google Email Phone” screen. I must tap Email then enter my email address and password each time.

If I can only get by this issue, I will cheerfully become a paid Sharp user. Time is too short for me to learn enough about CSS to try Hubitat colors,etc., on its own.

I may be going mad. It’s no longer asking me to log in. Please disregard my complaint. I’ll get back to you if it happens again. Was happening repeatedly and now it’s working just fine. I am
baffled.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. If it happens again, you may want to try navigating to the Dashboard list or even a specific dashboard before using the Add to Homescreen feature.

For example, if you use Add to Homescreen from the login page, then it will take you back to the login page and prompt you to login each time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Note that when you first use the Add to Homescreen feature, you will have to relogin once. This is a security feature of Safari as it sandboxes the Add to Homescreen version of the page like it’s a separate app.