Tile Grouping by function or location

Would like to be able to group tiles so they hold position relative to each other. For example, all the controls for a room could be under a heading like Bedroom or Yard Lights or all the locks for the house could be grouped so their status could be easily identified.

My suspicion is that the new Scalable Dashboards feature, which is currently in beta now available to everyone, would help with the need to keep tiles relative to each other.

I’ll send you a PM granting you access to the beta program so you can give it a try…

1 Like

I have looked at this and it looks like a nice addition, but it is not really getting at what I want. I would like to be able to define a block (<div>) that contains tiles related to a specific location or function with a changeable background color and appropriate header.

Sounds similar to this

Thanks for the reply. Can you share some more details on the use case? It’s still not clear to me exactly what you’re looking for and perhaps more importantly what functional problem you’re looking to solve.

I would also like to see a grouping of tiles feature (or maybe ability to override / lock from any auto-sorting and spacer injection). I know the OP also added a tile space/ margin question, but this is about just the grouping (e.g. you could group the three virtual tiles for the mock SHM). I have had more and more difficulty controlling organization of tiles as I add devices (with both scalable enhancement and traditional auto fit to browser option). For instance, one more slightly complicated use case I have is a ‘floor plan’ layout of my door / motion sensors with blank tiles in between. The auto organization seems to do strange things when there are different sized tiles: it seems to pull smaller tiles to left when I intend them to be at the right side of larger tiles. Also, when I go to edit a minor dash item after I happen on getting it perfect, I can’t expect it to stay perfect once resaved (admit I use a laptop for mods and use wall mounts for the view). I always hold breath when I have to hit save again :slight_smile: . thank you!

1 Like

This helped considerably for me. But it would still be nice, because setting up a dashboard for landscape mode does not render well in portrait mode.

Thanks for sharing the use-case. Be sure to cast a vote at the top of the topic! :slight_smile: