Thoughts on Thermostats?

You want the humidity displayed on the double-height thermostat? I should be able to do that - I’ll just make it conditionally display if a humidity value is available. I’ll probably just add a second row in the bottom-right of the tile. Kind of like how the new (unannounced, but just released) SmartWeather tile has multiple rows in the secondary-data space:

And I’m working on Hero Attribute tiles, so if you want the humidity displayed in a larger font, the Hero Attribute tile would work well for that.

I noticed the SmartWeather and I’m liking it a lot! Yeah just showing the internal humidity on the nest time (like the SmartWeather tile) would be very cool!

1 Like

Any way to make the fake center value of 74• to display the actual current temp in the standard view (which is shown very small on bottom right corner)?

I’m using Honeywell WiFi.

I’m working on building out Hero Attribute tiles that would display a user specified attribute in large font in the center.

If your thermostat is primarily used in Auto mode, you might consider using the Double Height Thermostat layout which displays the cooling setpoint and heating setpoint individually.

The single height thermostat layout shows the cooling setpoint as the main value, but some thermostats report a calculated number or averaged number.

1 Like

Cool, I look fwd to being able to have the current temp shown in the center of the single view. Even tho I keep it on auto.

2 Likes

@Adrian_C we just pushed the Hero Attribute Tiles live with the latest platform release: Dashboard Themes and Hero Attribute Tiles

2 Likes

Did the tile showing as active or inactive make this update? Meaning. Grey when idle and blue when cooling or red when heating?
Just curious. Haven’t made any changes yet.

1 Like

Not for thermostats, but it’s on my list. I noticed Music Player Tiles were missing an active state so I added one for them. I’ll get an active/default state for thermostats in an upcoming release.

I need to think through red/blue for heating/cooling states and which option would win. With this release, custom color directly on a tile wins out over the dashboard coloring. But if I add an option to enable red/blue coloring for heating/cooling, I’m not sure if that should override both dashboard level and tile level active coloring… I’m thinking yes, it should since it’s even more specific than just ‘active’.

3 Likes

Can the temperature adjustment increment be made configurable? In Deg C plus or minus 1 degree is a bit too coarse an adjustment to be ideal. I already have virtual switches in my own rules within Hubitat for plus or minus 0.5 Deg C, so use them alongside the stat in Sharptools, but it would be cleaner in the stat increment was configurable.

Sure! I’ll take a look. If I can detect that the device is reporting °C then perhaps I could automatically switch to 0.5° changes. Otherwise I can make it a setting/option. :grinning:

2 Likes

@josh you got the active color working on AC/heat. Was walking past the screen and saw one changed color. So excited.
Nice work Josh!! Thanks.

1 Like

Yes! I’ll get some release notes out this weekend. There’s also a new option on thermostats to show heat/cool colors (red/blue).

And for anyone who prefers having the thermostat not show an ‘active’ color by default, you can override the color on the thermostat and set the default and active color to the same color.

Edit: And for @Geoff_T there’s also 0.5 degree support when the thermostat values are less than 50° (eg. Celsius)

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the post describing all the new features in today’s release, including the thermostat updates.

1 Like

Loving the new thermostat settings. By having +/- 0.5 Deg C adjustment and colour change on heat it has saved me 3 other tiles on my dashboard. One thing I did notice with the new release is that tiles I had set to hero attribute for switches now display NaN as the value for the primary attribute of switch. If I switch them back to standard display all works well.

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that you are enjoying the updates to the thermostat tiles. And thanks for the heads up on the NaN - I’ll take a look.

The NaN issue on Hero Attributes has been resolved in the latest deployment. Thanks for the report! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been playing around with tile sizes on my heating page and noticed a small anomaly. If I choose tiny (120px) which I use for all my other pages, the thermostat tile main display (setpoint) appears too far to the bottom of the tile and partially obscures the secondary information on the bottom line. If I go custom at 130px or above it’s all nicely centralised. There seems to be plenty of space for the text size it just needs the position adjusting slightly.

Thanks for reporting!

Can you post a screenshot? And what resolution device or browser are you viewing this in? Note that the setting sets the baseline tile size, but the tiles may adjust slightly to fill the row completely, so they can end up slightly smaller or slightly larger than the specified tile size.

It’s a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 resolution 1536 x 2048.

Thanks! It looks like it also has to do with the recent addition of the decimal display for Celcius. I’ll take a look and see what I can do. :grin:

1 Like