Sticky notes and shopping list

Hi Gang,
I am very new in sharptools and wondering if anybody got idea about how to add sticky notes and a shopping list in the dashboard?

I really like the just announced echo show 15 dashboard. See the attached screenshot.

Appreciate any idea about adding a sticky notes and a shopping list like the screenshot.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Do you already use something for tracking your shopping list? And if so, do you know if they have an API available? Unfortunately while both Amazon and Google have excellent support for shopping lists via their voice assistants, they are a ‘walled garden’ and don’t provide API access to get that data out.

On the other hand, purpose built ‘list’ apps like Todoist provide APIs that could be used for integrating them. Here’s a relevant feature request for a Todoist integration.

Thanks for quick reply. So much appreciated.

I usually use Google calendar task list.

Any suggestions for sticky notes?

The Weather Widgets custom tile collection by @Michael has a sticky note tile.

Edit: My apologies. Upon closer review, it looks like the sticky note displays the weather in a user-friendly format, but it’s not a traditional note to edit and share with family.

Anyone in the community want to take a stab at a sticky note custom tile? :wink:

Here’s a quick example using a Text Variable and some CSS

How To:

• Create a Text variable
  • Create a Theme and Add a Style with the follow Custom CSS
.tile.--theme-style-your-style-name {box-shadow: 5px 5px 7px rgba(33,33,33,.7); transform: rotate(-10deg); font-family: cursive; color: #000 !important; background: #ffc !important; z-index: 1;}
.tile.--theme-style-your-style-name .main-content {font-size: 1.3em !important;}

Note: Replace your-style-name with the name you created

• Configure the Dashboard and select the Custom Theme
  • Add the Variable to your dashboard, edit the tile, check the Style box > click Style States > Add State > select the != Operator from the dropdown and leave the Target field blank (null). Click Style and select your custom css (post-it note) and click Done > Save
  • Save Dashboard

Tap the Variable on the dashboard and enter your message/note
Note: Be sure the ‘Tap’ Action is set to ‘Show Value Prompt’

Edit the CSS to fit your preferences:

Post-it Note Angle: (transform: rotate)
Post-it Note Color: (background)
Text Color: (color)
Text Size: (font-size)

2 Likes