Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

Well that’s interesting! So you are showing the charging status at the top, and then in the second row is that the % of mowing completed? Middle and right button both look related to sprinklers but what do they do specifically? And what does the chart at the bottom show? I’m intrigued how you are building that chart!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll take a look.

No, I haven’t done an interactive map, sorry.

Yes, in the top tile, charging status top left, mowing height top right. total time mowed today bottom left (in HH:MM format), and bottom right shows next start or stop time (if any). Middle icon and tile color changes with the mowing status. Color is black when mower parked outside of the schedule or to charge up in the normal course of things, green when mowing, and red if there’s an event that triggers premature parking.

In middle row, leftmost tile gives percent wetness detected with my leaf wetness sensor (detects not only wetness from rain but also dew). Middle tile gives rain detected and accumulation amount, and right tile is whether sprinklers are on/off as well as when mowing will resume after a delayed start since last irrigation. The title color changes to red if the respective threshold for parking has been exceeded, causing premature parking.

The horizontal bar chart shows mowing/parked/charging status throughout the day. The vertical bar graph shows total time mowed per day (I intend to add an average/target line on that vertical bar graph too).
I’m using the Quick Charts app with my Hubitat hub to generate both charts. I actually coded the horizontal bar chart type. That app outputs the chart as HTML, and then just use the custom HTML tile to display it. The charts here are actually combined into one tile (so a single custom HTML tile pulls in charts from two devices that have respective ones of the charts), so that they can be displayed closer together.

2 Likes

These are shots from a year ago. Working on some new updated one soon…

2 Likes

Counters page :blush:

4 Likes

Just posting my dashboard again to flaunt the added camera. Took me a while to find all the right settings, but super stoked it works.
And just fyi, the image is just a test setup, the camera’s will be moved outside once I have all the hardware.

2 Likes

The volume slider looks great! Did you make that? What was involved?

You can find it here:

2 Likes

hello, cool dashboards, which cameras do you use to integrate them into sharptolls in such a wonderful way?

Thanks! My cameras are Nest Cam Outdoor. They work pretty well for this purpose because by design they are always on. However Google does not play nicely with SmartThings so it’s a bit of a trick to make them work: I had to publish a public URL for each camera in the Nest configuration, and then I just created Media tiles out of each URL.

Also I have a problem I haven’t solved yet when viewing the camera tiles on my Fire HD 10 tablets: they tend to freeze and show a “loading” icon pretty often. They will often refresh on their own eventually and if not then just refreshing the dashboard web page will solve it (temporarily). The weirdest thing is that it doesn’t happen on any other devices. I tried it on my MS Surface, an iPad, and a Windows 10 PC, and I can leave it going for hours on those without any problem! So if you’re using Fire HD 10 then it might happen to you, but anything else you should be good.

1 Like

Yep - my Nest Cams have always behaved as you described on both my Fire HD10s and Fire HD8s. I occasionally get a “This camera is missing in action” message too.

It’s good to be able to to view past activity, but real-time surveliance is hampered by delays of at least 15 seconds, and sometimes even longer. I suppose it’s because the video is stored in the cloud.

Is there a way to copy the design of your board? I really liked its design

Thanks for sharing Stan, I thought it was just me. Agree the cloud component may introduce these problems but so strange that it doesn’t happen on my other devices. It ran for hours with no problem on either camera using my Surface.

1 Like

How do you get the spacing or border around the tiles? I like that look

Hello. Lot of super cool dashboards. I have been using ActionTiles for the last two years but I feel like I am wanting more. I came across ShartTools which I think would fill the need. I have some dashboards built out but I am not sure how to get them on a Fire Tablet 8. Are there any step by step instructions or manuals that I can read. I have tried searching through the community and support but not finding what I need. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

@Don_Seibert
A lot of people use the fully kiosk browser
You can download the Fire OS apk from Fully Kiosk Browser’s website directly.
https://www.fully-kiosk.com/en/

There are some great YouTube videos to walk you through installation and set up

2 Likes

Thank you. I will give this a try.

The aquarium site is no longer available.

Try this one.

Hi Terry. I got it work. Must have hit a wrong setting at the beginning. I just reset all the settings and started over again. I am also just using a YouTube video just so I could get this up and running. Thank you for your help. One of my fire tablets is in my bedroom. Is there a way to make the screen go dark after playing the screensaver so it is not showing fish all night?