Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

@Aaron_Drysdale Thanks for the comment and yes I did use SmartThings to bring my harmony activities into Sharptools.

2 Likes

@Wendy_Reed Stunning! Love seeing dashboards that make me rethink some of my decisions. What devices are you using these on? As in, wall mounted tablets? Size? Really nice work.

2 Likes

@Ricky_Turner Many thinks for the comments!
I use those dashboards on both a iPad Mini & Fire Tablet 7 (I don’t have either mounted yet).

1 Like

How did you get that calendar on there

Thank you

How did you get the calendar

This thread will help you… Calendar and News Feed Tiles

1 Like

Installed SharpTools last night and been tinkering with the dashboard for a lounge wall mounted fire tablet. This is the layout so far but very much a work in progress.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to get the album art to reset once the music stops? Otherwise it ends up showing whatever my daughter has been listening too until I can get into the lounge to play something decent! Ideally i’d like it to reset after each track.

3 Likes

Nice job, @Joshua_Cormican!

It depends on the device. If the device keeps reporting album art metadata to SharpTools, then the artwork will keep being displayed.

I could have sworn one of the music devices we tested would clear out the metadata when you explicitly ‘stopped’ playback, but we just tested on Sonos and Echo Speaks and they both seem to keep the metadata (and thus the artwork). At some point they do clear themselves out, but I’m not sure what the trigger for that is on each device.

Thanks :slight_smile: not a big problem just would be cool, I’ll just have to find a rule to play something with cool album art after ever request from my daughter hahaha

1 Like

FYI i’ve asked the EchoSpeaks dev over on the Hubitat forum about the option to auto flush last track data. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On the big screen for the wife while I’m away. Pretty slick cause you can tell Alexa to open an app called Bookmarker 2, and she pops the dashboard right open on a 4k FireStick. Bookmarker 1 is my blue iris UI3 feed. Digging it.

4 Likes

Here is mine nice and clean panel just linking to different rooms

5 Likes

@Mark_Littler, that’s a slick looking mount. A custom made one?

Yes just some acrylic sheets cut on my cnc. But I must say I’m super happy with it.

7 Likes

that is a really slick looking screen too. What tablet is that? Or maybe your phone takes super awesome pics :joy:

Thanks for the comments.Its a new Huawei Mediapad T5 10 Inch
I looked at fire tabs but this is not really much more and runs normal android so no issues with kiosk and a really nice screen.

Here’s today’s pic it’s really coming together can’t stop messing with the layout.

3 Likes

I re-created and added some to my previous AT dashboard on the ST platform. Work in progress, the cameras are looking out the window. I have a gap in the top row for another lock tile.

5 Likes

@eibyer, very cool air quality display! Just curious what does the Washer tile ‘1’ mean?

Thanks @James. It’s the meter reading on the plug, at idle it reads between 0 and 0.6, it gets rounded up :slight_smile: I’m envisioning an animated icon there when there’s a load.

2 Likes