Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

Hi Guys,
I am quite new in this community (I am used to Hubitat community as Hubitat user) but i felt in love with Sharptools for the first time that i saw some projects.
Last week, I decided to make my own dashboard and this the result. It is obvious that I like Harleys and it is a “must have” for me. I have just a few devices but I will implement slowly…
Any suggestion/comment is welcome.
Keep posting good ideas … we appreciate that!!!

8 Likes

Awesome work, Daniel! I love the Harley as the background - it looks great!

2 Likes

I’ve wall-mounted one of my Fire 10 dashboards. Used a MakesByMike mount. Only $30 and a perfect fit.

5 Likes

Nice. I still have to mount mine. I have only had it for a year now. Haha

1 Like

@Mads_Kristenson I really like your setup and the post was very informative. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve created a custom dashboard for the control panel by my back door that controls my pool light:

Here’s the writeup about exactly what’s going on here. The TL/DR version is this: My SharpTools dashboard is sending a button push corresponding to the light color I want to Hubitat, which is triggering a few things to happen, resulting in Hubitat sending an http GET request to a Shelly 1 wired into my pool light transformer to blink the12VAC the appropriate number of times to get the desired mode. (Pentair Intellibrite lights select modes/colors via switching power off and on quickly a particular number of times).

Pentair makes a switch that also does this…The Intellibrite Controller selects light modes the exact same way, except IMO it’s ugly, it’s not in any way remote controllable, and it’s EXPENSIVE. --Around $250. A Shelly 1 is 10 bucks! :slight_smile:

In case anyone is wondering how I got this look: The dashboard itself is using a custom background with all the buttons designed into it. The SharpTools buttons are transparent, and fit over the rendered buttons perfectly. I started with solid buttons to design my grid, made a screenshot, and designed my interface over that, then imported it as my background, and changed all my buttons to invisible.

The “current selection” is a hero tile that is displaying an custom attribute on a Hubitat device that is being set when I push a button.

8 Likes

Beautiful dashboard…sure wish it could be used with the Pentair Intellicenter

1 Like

Version 2.0

Here is version 2 of my screens. Running a fire tablet 8 latest version. Have switched from smartthings to hubitat. Still a work in process but finally have the tablet mounted after a few months of it sitting around (got the OK from the boss at its current location)

1. Using Josh’s post on settings for a stock fire tablet side loading fully kiosk for fire tablets
    Problem on My Fire HD 8
  2. I design the screens on a desktop along with Chrome browser is mobile mode. Press F12 and then for a fire tablet 8 use 961x602 for the screen size. Josh also has a post able doing this.
    Designing dashboards via web
  3. Used remote admin for FullyKiosk and took screen grabs.
  4. Mount is Made by Mike, I had purchased the 120V to 5VDC however ended up using the existing telephone cable with 12V DC power supply (mounted in garage) with a 12V to 5V converter at the fire tablet.

Note about screens

• Credit goes to Mike_Kasper on the color scheme

Screen Shots

7 Likes

New to then community. Was sold on Action Tiles until I stumbled upon a YouTube video from Simply Smart 123 about SharpTools. I’m a big fan of it and would like to share the dashboards I have created.

!

!

!

17 Likes

I liked the layout and the color theme. Nice dashboards!

1 Like

Great job Wendy. I love the lighting background choice! And I have to try getting my Harmony setup as tiles. Are you using ST for that?

1 Like

@Aaron_Drysdale Thanks for the comment and yes I did use SmartThings to bring my harmony activities into Sharptools.

2 Likes

@Wendy_Reed Stunning! Love seeing dashboards that make me rethink some of my decisions. What devices are you using these on? As in, wall mounted tablets? Size? Really nice work.

2 Likes

@Ricky_Turner Many thinks for the comments!
I use those dashboards on both a iPad Mini & Fire Tablet 7 (I don’t have either mounted yet).

1 Like

How did you get that calendar on there

Thank you

How did you get the calendar

This thread will help you… Calendar and News Feed Tiles

1 Like

Installed SharpTools last night and been tinkering with the dashboard for a lounge wall mounted fire tablet. This is the layout so far but very much a work in progress.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to get the album art to reset once the music stops? Otherwise it ends up showing whatever my daughter has been listening too until I can get into the lounge to play something decent! Ideally i’d like it to reset after each track.

3 Likes

Nice job, @Joshua_Cormican!

It depends on the device. If the device keeps reporting album art metadata to SharpTools, then the artwork will keep being displayed.

I could have sworn one of the music devices we tested would clear out the metadata when you explicitly ‘stopped’ playback, but we just tested on Sonos and Echo Speaks and they both seem to keep the metadata (and thus the artwork). At some point they do clear themselves out, but I’m not sure what the trigger for that is on each device.

Thanks :slight_smile: not a big problem just would be cool, I’ll just have to find a rule to play something with cool album art after ever request from my daughter hahaha

1 Like