Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

I probably worded my post wrong. When I said “hosted” I meant “managed” by Protect. I assume you have the same setup as I do.

Preset - just to make sure - your cameras should have static IPs

First, you need the recovery code from Protect → Settings
1a

Second, you navigate to the camera IP directly and use “ubnt” and the recovery code to login:

Third, activate “Anonymous Snapshot”
3a

Fourth, create a media tile using the camera IP and “snap.jpeg”
4a

They might not show in the builder UI - but should on the dashboard itself.

Thanks Cory… For some reason I cannot access the camera login page (http://10.0.x.x/login) as it gives me the infamous Your Internet access is blocked page error (I am assuming the UDM firewall is blocking it somehow). Maybe it’s because it is on a different VLAN?

Any thoughts? Again, thanks for the excellent info.

Never mind… figured it out (was a firewall issue). Thanks again!

During the day, this dashboard on our bedroom dresser gives us status and control of most devices in the house:

At night it monitors my blood sugar:

Uses the Dexcom CGM integration in Home Assistant.

6 Likes

Nice design and layout. I like the round menu icons down the left side. Are they standard square tiles with the tile background matched to the same colour as the dashboard background? It never occurred to me to try that.

1 Like

Thanks, John.

The tiles on the left side are dashboard tiles. They have been turned from square to round by applying a little custom CSS {border-radius: 50%;} to make them look more like buttons.

I try to make the colors meaningful. Normally all tiles have a black background - except the active one will be white. In this photo, the white button at top shows we’re on the Home dashboard.

Why black and white buttons? When I was a child, light switches looked like this:
PBs
White was ON and black was OFF.

If a tile is light red (“Motion” and “Batteries” in the photo), that means more information will be found when you press that button. The Motion button opens a dashboard displaying all of the motion detectors so you can tell which one(s) is active. The Batteries button opens a dashboard with all battery levels color-coded. An almost-depleted battery will be the cause of the light red button on the Home dashboard, and will be bright red on the Batteries dashboard.

A bright red tile (the “Alerts” button in this photo) indicates “important”. The Alerts dashboard will indicate the guilty suspect. A water leak or an unlocked door will be the cause, and will show bright red on the Alerts dashboard.

Wordy - it looks like I was trying to write a book!

3 Likes

Ahhh - cool. I never thought of custom css. I thought the tile and background had been done in like for like colours and the icon had been made with a. circle around it. It makes sense now. You must have spent some time thinking about all of that with regard to colour schemes etc

2 Likes

What would be the full text to paste into the Theme Editor for this, as that snippet didn’t work for me?

For example, if the name of your theme is “Great-Theme”, the CSS would be

.tile.--theme-style-great-theme {border-radius: 50%;} 

Hope that works!

1 Like

What codeing did you use for the Prime video hyperlink? I’m trying to get that and virgin tv go working but no luck so far.

@Robin_Cross I’m not sure whether you’ve tried this but using the Fully app (if you’re using Fire or Android). Settings > Manage Launcher > Add Application. I get the following for the app intent to use as a hyperlink for Prime Video. If you’re using iOS however it would be different:

intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.amazon.avod/com.amazon.avod.client.activity.HomeScreenActivity;end

The Amazon App Store doesn’t have Virgin TV Go available on it, and I’ve not side loaded it so can’t help with that one.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply. I actually found out that I had missed out a small portion of the code. Everything is working perfectly now including Virgin TV Go.

2 Likes

It has been a long process getting here and learning lots. Finally got off my but and designing my system after seeing all of yours.

2 Likes

Hello …i from italy and id like to show my dashboard

5 Likes

Looks great! The special weather tiles caught my eye!

That and it looks like there’s a bug with the clock! :flushed: I played around and was able to reproduce it by explicitly setting my time to 12H format rather than system time, so we’ll work on a fix.

I love the color scheme! Our resident guitar guru, @James is probably going to be curious about the details on your Fender tile in the bottom right though!

1 Like

Here’s my two dashboards. Just wanted to share with you!

4 Likes

I like the transparent tiles on a wood background. Nice!

1 Like

Here it is so far. I intend on creating a couple more (Weather/Music Playlists) dashboards that link to my primary dashboard. I managed to get photo of myself and my wife on our Presence Tile which was cool. I might add a custom tile to make the images bigger. I hyperlinked my family calendar to the Month tile which updates the daily tile next to it. Alexa will update the calendars as well but it is handy to pull it up quickly if needed. SharpTools is awesome!!

2 Likes

A work in progress.

3 Likes

3 Likes