Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards!

Finally integrated my BlueIris cameras into my dashboard. Wasn’t easy as it was all done through custom tiles.
The image in this state updates every few seconds. If you click on it it will load a full stream video for viewing.
The trigger/light icons will trigger and toggle the light on and off. The icons also update in real time and will turn yellow if the light is turned on or something triggers the camera as well.
The timeline icon will launch the BlueIris app to the camera selected so you can then go through the event list and view past events.

Also replicated my harmony remotes onto their own dashboards. Perfect for those times when you can’t use the physical remote (somebody lets the battery die). Better layout than the app. All done through custom times as well and javascript. The hardest part was mimicing the short press/long press actions.

7 Likes

6 month’s old? No problem…

I’m using a Nest Doorbell. And I work at night so being up early is normal for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The remote styled custom tile is insanely cool!

3 Likes

This is the dashboard for Princess, my beautiful white Tesla Model Y. This dashboard is linked to my Home dashboard.

It makes use of the custom Tesla integration available for Home Assistant.

The tiles are view only. Originally I was going to allow control of some of the functions, but when I went into the garage and found the trunk opened by an inadvertant touch I decide that all I really wanted was status. The phone app controls things nicely when needed.

Another consideration is the terribly long polling interval. The recommendation is an eleven minute interval to avoid waking the car and unnessarily draining the battery. Press a tile and wait eleven minutes to confirm that it worked!

6 Likes

Love it. I know over there, you call the Boot a Trunk, but I’ve never heard the Bonnet (Hood) called a Frunk…I guess in the UK Tesla will call it a Froot…

3 Likes

I have been a long time user of ST back when I was on Android. Purchased AT long ago but never took the time to build a Dashboard. I went the Dakboard route. While that was fine (it’s only a display) - the price point increases for Dakboard and the lack of functionality had me looking to move to building out a touchscreen.

My challenge is, we moved from Android to Apple a while back. It wasn’t until I came across this mounting solution that I really decided to dive in:

With that said, using the Apple App tKiosk, I was able to integrate the Kiosk as well as a screensaver function (which I still use Dakboard for the screen saver - free mode)

I use “Willy Weather” for the Weather Alert

My cameras are UniFi Protect hosted, you can achieve a feed by simply calling the snapshot.jpg URL by camera IP and refreshing - which is fine for me - otherwise I would need to deploy a RSTP to MPEG solution, which I’m not ready to do - yet.

I actually built out this exact dashboard in both ST and AT.
AT allows the pulling in of “scenes” or “routines” - but ST can replicate with Rules.

What really brought me over fully to ST?
The iframe HTML code (for weather alerts) - custom tiles.
I enjoy the themed calendar (even though you can do the same using Google Calendar Agenda View).
Another huge win is the complete flexibility on icon states / theming. Although, it’s usually enough, AT only has four potential icon “intentions”.
Also, the grid creation UI of ST is outstanding - most importantly, being able to span rows with a tile, without moving all rows below the single tile you are spanning.

Two items I do miss from AT - the “paneling” which allows for labeling of blocks of similar icons and the integration of sensor battery level integration without needing to use “hero” tiles.

Only thing I am missing at this point is integrating my “whole house audio” system which is running on Home Theaters Direct (HTD) equipment using HTD Gateway.
If anyone knows how to work with the HTD Gateway API, I’d love to hear about it.

I’d also like to hear from anyone in Smarthings beta and the “edge” / “matter” migration. Does this potential impact our dashboards? I understand all DTH apps will no longer work (unless recoded)?

I’m considering a move to Hubitat - but with 94 devices, not looking forward to the readding of every device to a new hub.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the screenshots and the details - it looks great!

You can use the SmartThings Scenes custom tile if you want to control your native SmartThings Scenes.

We also have a private beta that just went live for a next generation SmartThings integration which exposes the Scenes functionality as well. Feel free to send a note to support@sharptools.io for more details.

There’s a feature request for Visual Grouping of Tiles that you may be interested in casting a vote on.

Is this for the various contact, motion, and water sensors in your screenshots above? I don’t believe there’s a feature request for this yet, but feel free to create one.

I’m going to break this part of the post out to its own thread as it’s likely to generate some discussion. :slight_smile:

Edit: Here’s the link to the discussion on SmartThings Groovy to Edge Change and Impact

I need to learn how to “quote”

About the paneling…
For example, above I have a dashboard - bedrooms.
I have each room represented by a row of tiles.
This works, but if you wanted to drop the tile title or shorten it, you would be confused what’s what.

Every room has a fan, light, etc… So every tile has to say - for example - Master Light, Kids Light, Guest Light, etc… Rather than grouping them in some sort of way, perhaps a background color? That way you could leave all the tiles as “Light” but know which room they belong to by the grouping…

edit…

It would appear this may be totally doable using super tiles.
I need to read up on those some more.

Hi @Cory_Booth. Great layout! I also use Unifi Protect cameras but not hosted (using my UDM SE controller). Been struggling on trying to use the camera’s RSTP feeds but as everyone knows, browsers do not allow RSTP feeds. I know that there is a way to capture/use snapshots for each camera as you described, but have not been able to figure it out. Do you mind sharing how you did yours? I have two G4 Pro cameras and one G4 Bullet. My cameras are on a separate VLAN. Thanks!

I probably worded my post wrong. When I said “hosted” I meant “managed” by Protect. I assume you have the same setup as I do.

Preset - just to make sure - your cameras should have static IPs

First, you need the recovery code from Protect → Settings
1a

Second, you navigate to the camera IP directly and use “ubnt” and the recovery code to login:

Third, activate “Anonymous Snapshot”
3a

Fourth, create a media tile using the camera IP and “snap.jpeg”
4a

They might not show in the builder UI - but should on the dashboard itself.

Thanks Cory… For some reason I cannot access the camera login page (http://10.0.x.x/login) as it gives me the infamous Your Internet access is blocked page error (I am assuming the UDM firewall is blocking it somehow). Maybe it’s because it is on a different VLAN?

Any thoughts? Again, thanks for the excellent info.

Never mind… figured it out (was a firewall issue). Thanks again!

During the day, this dashboard on our bedroom dresser gives us status and control of most devices in the house:

At night it monitors my blood sugar:

Uses the Dexcom CGM integration in Home Assistant.

6 Likes

Nice design and layout. I like the round menu icons down the left side. Are they standard square tiles with the tile background matched to the same colour as the dashboard background? It never occurred to me to try that.

1 Like

Thanks, John.

The tiles on the left side are dashboard tiles. They have been turned from square to round by applying a little custom CSS {border-radius: 50%;} to make them look more like buttons.

I try to make the colors meaningful. Normally all tiles have a black background - except the active one will be white. In this photo, the white button at top shows we’re on the Home dashboard.

Why black and white buttons? When I was a child, light switches looked like this:
PBs
White was ON and black was OFF.

If a tile is light red (“Motion” and “Batteries” in the photo), that means more information will be found when you press that button. The Motion button opens a dashboard displaying all of the motion detectors so you can tell which one(s) is active. The Batteries button opens a dashboard with all battery levels color-coded. An almost-depleted battery will be the cause of the light red button on the Home dashboard, and will be bright red on the Batteries dashboard.

A bright red tile (the “Alerts” button in this photo) indicates “important”. The Alerts dashboard will indicate the guilty suspect. A water leak or an unlocked door will be the cause, and will show bright red on the Alerts dashboard.

Wordy - it looks like I was trying to write a book!

3 Likes

Ahhh - cool. I never thought of custom css. I thought the tile and background had been done in like for like colours and the icon had been made with a. circle around it. It makes sense now. You must have spent some time thinking about all of that with regard to colour schemes etc

2 Likes

What would be the full text to paste into the Theme Editor for this, as that snippet didn’t work for me?

For example, if the name of your theme is “Great-Theme”, the CSS would be

.tile.--theme-style-great-theme {border-radius: 50%;} 

Hope that works!

1 Like

What codeing did you use for the Prime video hyperlink? I’m trying to get that and virgin tv go working but no luck so far.