Share your cool SharpTools project!

You can create tasks on a press or hold. This is where I controlled highlighting a clicked button, for instance. Clicking a button changes the background color to a highlight and activates that fan mode, or if it’s on, turns it off and turns off the button highlight.

2 Likes

Very cool. Thanks for additional details. I’ve played with scenes before and mine usually turn out a bit clunky whereas yours is nice and streamlined and fits your theme. Great job and thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Another, way more entailed project I just finished. Complete dashboard I made for when we go on an 11 day trip next month, so the person staying in our house can easily control things without needing to download a bunch of extra apps. It is using SharpTools for all actions and polling of device states to update the tiles, except the individual device commands for the TV and fireplaces.

After the trip, may make a new one for a wall mounted tablet. Maybe… This was an tremendous amount of work, about 30 hours lol

4 Likes

Wow! Impressive. Is this one using Tasker scenes as well?

Yes sir. Lots of scripting! Tiles all update with current status of devices.

5 Likes

One of the best features of Sharptools web is the ability to create different dashboards, so I could have one for the kitchen tablet and another for the Wink Relay in the living room. This is a fantastic interface, good work!

5 Likes

The weather media tile looks very nice with the matching style. I just swapped mine with this as well. Thanks @Alfredo :slight_smile:

For others who may be curious about this weather image source. Check the link below to customize your weather forecast image.
https://www.theweather.com/widget/

4 Likes

Do you have a couple of extra hours to explain me how to do that!?

1 Like

And you can explain to me afterward. :grin:

2 Likes

Sure, just waiting for @DomSim :joy:

2 Likes

Really cool to see all of these!

My house runs on Google Home/minis. I am using SmartTools as a master control in my entertainment room. Working on mounting it.

6 Likes

How did you add your own Icons?

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

@Tommy … is your accuweather radar a looping gif? I have attempted to use them with SharpTools but after 15min when it comes time to refresh the image it just turns into a blank tile.

example img … https://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_640x480_public/sir/inmasirpa_.gif

I took a look at the sample URL provided and it looks like Accuweather doesn’t like the URL parameter that gets added for cache busting. I’ve seen at least one other report of this (and I think it was also with Accuweather), so let me see if I can add an option to disable the cache buster on media tiles.

1 Like

No worries @josh … the other mention was probably me. I was just wondering how @Tommy is managing his example. I’m guessing he maybe has the browser refresh the whole page periodically. I know Fully Kiosk has an option for this.

1 Like

Hey @martybird (great name, Ozarks:-)
It is a live feed. it is awesome bc it is a live radar on the screen with live video of around the house. Here is the link to what i use. https://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_640x480_public/sir/inmasirsc_.gif

While i do refresh the whole page, that is ONLY bc of tinycam that is needed for the live feeds from Wyzecam running on a FHD10.

Let me know if that helps

1 Like

@martybird. BTW. I do not have it refreshing via ST.

1 Like