Requesting Home Assistant Connection

Hi Carlos, just build your own with a Pi 4 and ssd drive. There is an argon one case and expansion base for the ssd to fit into. Itā€™s a great job. Been running this setup for months now and never a glitch or failure to do an automation unlike SmartThings and Hubitat

1 Like

Iā€™m going to do the same Kevin. Welcome btw :blush:

1 Like

Hi folks,
Wanted to post an update here that we have kicked off the Pre-Beta (Alpha) test last week, and have received some great feedback from the alpha testers. That being said, there are still things we need to work on, but we are surely working hard on getting this ready for public beta test. Stay tuned. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I am thinking of ditching SmartThings for Home Assistant. What does the road map look like for a release? Is it 3 months , 6 months , a year? Not asking for anything specific just an idea so i can think about what upgrades and changes i want to do this year.

Cheers
Craig

We are expecting the public beta release to be available very soon. Much sooner than 3 months. :wink:

You can also mix and match them with SharpTools. Gives you a chance to spin up a Home Assistant instance and then start playing with some new features before trying to migrate ZigBee/Z-wave devices. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks James. Look forward to the release.

2 Likes

Thanks Josh, Yeah was going to get something setup on a Pi4b see whats what. but of a learning curve moving away from from SmartThings and just trying to get my head around what else i need besides a Pi4. I assume is needs a Zigbee gateway radio etc

We are excited to announce that the Home Assistant Connection is available for beta test today.:tada:

If youā€™re already part of the beta group, please see the details in the beta announcement post, otherwise feel free to PM @support if youā€™d like to join the beta tester program.

Cheers~

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [BETA] Home Assistant Connection

Any update on the Home Assistant integration?

Itā€™s currently available in beta. Iā€™d be happy to get you added to the beta group if youā€™re interested?

That would be fine. I am a new home assistant user. But enjoy SharpTools

2 Likes

How to be added to the HA beta? I used home assistant for a couple years now and Iā€™m very familiar with the usual daily use of it, with occasional advanced automations and integrations.

Iā€™ve added you to the beta group and sent you a PM with more details. :slight_smile:

For anyone else who is interested, you can PM @support to request access to the beta:

@josh Can you add me to the beta group as well? Very excited to try this out! Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: [BETA] Home Assistant Connection

All, we are excited to announce that Home Assistant Connection is available in https://sharptools.io today. Thank you for your support and feedback, and we are glad to close this one of the most popular requests for our users. :grinning: You can find more details and the instructions in our announcement post below.

yippe, I can now recommend what I started with in my smarthome, ill be honest I have gone crazy with HA and learning the dashboards and have my own wood themed base, oneā€¦ but making your own takes a bit of workā€¦ I would 100% recommend sharptools for beginners to avg people with HA thoughā€¦ nice work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.