Request: Change Tile Color Based on Reported Temperature

In this particular setup, do you mean that you would want a single tile showing the Air Quality and you would want to have 6 different color ranges / thresholds on that one tile (based on the screenshot displayed?)

Yes, that is correct. I envision a single tile that can be configured to show different colors based on thresholds (in this case AQI level)ā€¦

Edit: in the case of air quality there are 6 specific color categories. When I think of things like temperature or humidity, I would envision tiles that would feature perhaps even more colors (maybe a different color for every 10 degrees for temp or 10% for humidity)ā€¦

1 Like

I was looking for an air quality device. How do you like Purpleair?

I highly recommend PurpleAir. Iā€™ve only had mine for about a month or so but its been very useful to me. I live in an area where air pollution is a regular problem, so I like seeing how conditions fluctuate locally. And I can see my station readings compared to other nearby stations on the PurpleAir web map.

It only measures particulate matter pollution (not ground level ozone) but for less than $250 you can have your own local air quality station, and it seems to be very accurate.

2 Likes

The ability to change the color of the tile based on the reported temperature value is now available. You can find more details in the release thread here:

Icons and Colors based on States + Window Shades

Weā€™ve noted the requests around setting tile color based on other attributes (eg. Humidity, Lux, CO2, Power, etc) and are working on extending the new ā€˜State Mappingā€™ feature thatā€™s used in the Temperature tile to work in the Hero Attribute tile. :smiley:

4 Likes

FWIW, Iā€™d love to be able to change Icon, not just color. For example, a Mode tile could have a number of different icons if you have non-standard modes.

1 Like

Adding my support for a request for the ability to set tile color by some measured value - humidity in my case, but I could imagine many more as others have noted.

1 Like

Love this addition and looking forward to being able to use it on a Hero Attribute tile. One use case Iā€™d like to see is the ability to change color and icon based on an attribute being returned as status of my Ring Alarm system, ex status=off, status=home, status=away.
Thanks!

1 Like

The ability to Change Tile Color Based on Reported Temperature has been released:

:link: Icons and Colors based on States + Window Shades

If youā€™re interested in the broader request to be create color mappings based on any attribute, be sure to cast your vote in the following feature request:

:link: Style/Icon State Mapping for Custom Attributes