Hi friends, I think that could be a great feature, because the only SmartApp I had found is Vacation Light Director but is not total “random”, only for picking up which lights turns on, but after that the only function is turn them on/off to a predefined time in a cycle. I think a great function could be about:
- Set a time frame (specific or from sunset to sunrise, b.e. from 20:00 to 01:00)
- Set a time cycle (every X minutes, b.e 60 minutes)
- For each cycle, pickup a random light(s) from a group of devices to turn it/them on (b.e 2 random lights from a group of 10)
- For each device pickup random time between a min-max to keep each light on (b.e. random time between 10-30 minutes)
So random feature could be:
- To pick a random device from a group of devices.
- To set a random time delay between a time frame after random devices were switched on.
The rest of cycle could be programmed as usual in an IF bucle.