Newbie having problem saving dashboard

Hi. I am new to SharpTools - just joined today and using free version while assessing whether I want to use it. I have a new Fire HD 8 that I plan on using with Smartthings and am trying to figure out which dashboard service to use.

I created a new dashboard called home, added a few tiles for things to it, and click Save. Having watched some Youtube tutorials, I thought “Save” was supposed to change the screen but it doesn’t. Nothing happens. If I click back on Dashboard, I see my dashboard there. But if I leave the site and return, I don’t see any dashboard. I have tried this several times, with the same results. Why is saving a dashboard not working for me?

@Aaron_Drysdale welcome to the community and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected.

Am I understanding correctly that after creating a dashboard, if you navigate away from the site and back (on the same device) you don’t see any dashboards?

Can you tell me a bit about your network setup? The only times I’ve seen this have been on restrictive networks running enterprise type network gear. eg. On a corporate network or using similar gear that was blocking certain network communication unintentionally.

Hi. Yes I should have provided more info. I’m on a regular home laptop - Windows 10 64 bit running Chrome.

After playing around, I found it works fine on Edge, and Safari on my iphone. This behavior seems to be limited to Chrome on my laptop. I don’t see why - I’m not running anything special here. Just stock Chrome, latest version.

Well, at least I have a work around for now.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional details. If you’re up for a bit of troubleshooting, I would be curious if we could identify what’s going on.

When you are on Chrome, if you open the developer tools (F12) and view the Console tab, do you see any errors when trying to save the dashboard (or when refreshing the page)? If so, could you copy and paste those here?

See below. These were all just before I edited the dashboard. When I click the save button nothing happens - Javascript is not loaded?

Loading the app...
6A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 Requesting Location(s) health check on loading of page (app.js)...
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 subscriptionsHealthcheck
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 subscriptionCheck
31.tiles-dashboard.f1ecc55921189d04b16c.js:1 Entering edit...
3DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/sourcemaps/onloadwff.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
1 Like

Most of those look fine. The last one appears to be a Chrome Extension.

It should have hit me earlier when you mentioned that it works fine on Edge and iOS Safari. I wonder if a Chrome Extension is causing trouble. :thinking:

You might try temporarily disabling any browser extensions to see if one of them is causing the issue.

I removed all extensions, and tried again. Same behavior. Below is a new log… I turned on Verbose mode and XmlHttpExtension messages. No errors, but still not working.After entering edit mode, I don’t see any further console messages when I click on save.

9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 Loading the app...
VM6 user:1 A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at https://facebook.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 Requesting Location(s) health check on loading of page (app.js)...
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 Locations and things are loaded. Kicking off subscription healthchecks... (vueConfiguration.js)
/dashboard/:1 A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at https://m.stripe.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 subscriptionsHealthcheck
9.app.7117befd94a50932e5fa.js:2 subscriptionCheck
31.tiles-dashboard.f1ecc55921189d04b16c.js:1 Entering edit...
1 Like

Thanks for sharing the additional details. Unfortunately, I’m not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Normally when you hit save, you would see a matching “Exiting edit…” message (along with another subscriptionCheck):

I just tried again on Chrome 81 on Windows 10 and I wasn’t able to reproduce.

Just to double check, you disabled any extensions shown at chrome://extensions/ right? Sometimes extensions can be enabled but not shown in the toolbar.

You could also try a forced-refresh (Ctrl+F5) to force the SharpTools web app to completely reload.

I only disabled the ones in the toolbar. I see a number more that weren’t visible so I am trying those now (although I do notice that there isn’t an error message about extensions anymore.)

1 Like

Well I tried disabling all extensions found at the link above, restarted chrome, tried force loading the web app… nothing makes a difference. No save after editing. I’m on Chrome version 81 (up to date).

Thanks anyway… I guess it’s Edge for me for now when trying to create a dashboard.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Using Location Mode in Dashboard to Trigger Automation