Linking android apps to a tile

That was exactly my mistake; I put the multiplication sign instead of a normal ‘x’. It works! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi Joshua,

Does this work only with Kiosk Browser?
I’m using WallPanel as a browser.
I tired to add Hyperlink as you mention and I open it from my phone on Chrome browser and it ask me to select an open to open with… but Spotify wasnt there.

Can you help?
Thanks
Nir

When I last tested it with Wallpanel in August 2020, the intent URL format was not supported in WallPanel.

I looked through the GitHub repo for Wallpanel and it looks like just recently they’ve added some level of support for intent URLs. Here’s the relevant issue from the WallPanel repo. Make sure you’ve updated to at least WallPanel 0.9.4.3 or newer.

That being said, I played with it a bit and it seems to be a bit flaky compared to Fully Kiosk. Several of my existing intent URLs worked fine, but some didn’t.

Many thanks Joshua, I appreciate it, I will try

Is there a url intent for MyQ app?

Hi All. Just picked up this thread as I was hoping to launch amazon music app from my tile. I also get the “failed to start another app”. I have checked all the steps re settings and I am using Sharp Tools from within Fully Kiosk. Url link is:

intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.amazon.mp3/com.amazon.mp3.client.activity.LauncherActivity

Any ideas?

Figured it out. Although the URL didn’t have it automatically, you have to make sure you add

;end

2 Likes

Is there a way to time out the app and return to fully kiosk browser? I have a link to Sonos App, after 1 min, I’d like it to return to kiosk browser instead of having to reopen that app or hit the back button.

Wish I could keep a some kind of navigation slider open on top of all apps to easily switch between sharp tools, sonos and security apps.

@Kara_Akgulian I agree. It’s not so bad if you link into an app and go no further - but with Sonos you may have gone through multiple pages and therefore need to use the back key multiple times to bring back your ‘main’ dashboard which is a faff on when you have to keep swiping up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the back button.

In Fully Settings > Toolbars & Appearance - you can activate ‘show navigation bar’ so that the icons are always on the bottom of the screen. That works even if your dashboard is full screen kiosk mode so you’re not having to drag up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the back button. Unfortunately it does partially obscure the bottom row of tiles on your dash, rather than the dash resizing on screen to accommodate the navigation bar beneath it.

I think you can do this as well in Fully Settings > Web Auto Reload by switching on ‘Auto Reload on Idle’. (that’ll reload your start url) and ‘Skip Auto Reload if Showing the Start url’ The latter should stop it refreshing while you’re already on your home dashboard screen. However one of my Fire HDs seemed to ignore that and refresh regardless which was a bit distracting when I could see it in my peripheral vision.

@Kara_Akgulian - I found a better way to do this.

In Fully. Settings > Other Settings > Regain Focus Timer (PLUS). Set to 60 seconds. That will bring Fully back to the foreground leaving Sonos in the background - it works great.

1 Like

So not sure what I’m doing wrong… trying to add Control4 (android app) on my Fire Tablet, into Fully via SharpTools. Had it working under ActionTiles, but having problems under SharpTools.

Thanks for any help…

intent:#Intent;launchFlags=0x10000000;component=com.control4.app/com.control4.app.activity.HomeActivity;end

Hi @dave.blackwell, I was able to open the Control4 app using the intent link from your post in my test. Can you verify if the Open URL Scheme in other apps option under the Web Content category is turned on?

1 Like

Thank You So Much! That’s exactly what I was missing.

2 Likes

Hi, just discovered this and got it working. Just gets better. I see that modal does not work. What is the recommendation for making it easy for the user to get back to sharptools? Ideally I would like the option top open in a window and then click close. Nice user experience. Thanks.

I tend to use options in Fully Kiosk to do this. In the Fully options I have an idle timer set to 30 seconds. If I open another app, it automatically goes back to my dashboard after 30 seconds. Additionally I’ve set it so that the ‘clicks in other apps’ reset the idle timer. Also I have it set so that it will ignore the idle timer if the tablet speakers are active in case I’m watching a YouTube channel. Pausing the video, stops the sound and so the timer kicks in again. It works really well, I can open Sonos or my CCTV app from the dashboard, click around to get music playing etc and walk away knowing that the SharpTools dashboard will reappear. I prefer that to using the app switcher.

2 Likes

I was having the same problem and shortened the intent to
intent:#Intent;component(appcontent)
;end
The app content is what populates in the app component field located in universal launcher and then select items to show. ;end also is needed

1 Like

I have a fire HD 10 plus and the intent links are simply not working for me. Works fine on a lenovo tab m8 but absolutely no luck on the fire. I double checked to make sure it is the same app component on the fire. No idea what the issue is. Does anybody have that same problem?

Not sure if this helps, make sure this is checked in fully Kiosk

1 Like

Ahh… Yes, that did it!

Hi All,
I have a setup that have worked for years, but suddenly when trying to open any intent (with links previoulsy working) it fails. With ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME.

It just stopped working from one day to the other… Anyone got any ideas - The Open Other URL Schemes are still active in Fully.