How to connect Tuya devices to SmartThings and SharpTools

Thanks for your suggestions. I got it to work. I connected Smart Life to IFTTT and was able to see the switch there.
I previously had created a switch within Smart Things/IFTTT to try and control my garage door which did not work. I was able to repurpose that switch so it will trigger the Smart Life switch now on the SharpTools dashboard.

Big surprise today - saw 8 notifications icon on my Alexa App - opened the App & it said 8 new devices discovered - it was all of my TreatLife (Tuya) Outside Light Switches. Thought “that’s weird” but went ahead & said OK to each. Then noticed that now I had duplicates. Looked at each one and for each switch one was in Alexa from SmartLife Skill and the other from SmartThings.
Looked at my SmartThings app & sure enough those 8 switches were in there.

Per my earlier post, my TreatLife Fan/Dimmer was recognized in SmartThings but none of the regular on/off switches were - that has suddenly changed within the last day and now ALL the switches are in SmartThings.

I had gone though adding a whole bunch of automations in Alexa to be able to utilize those switches in SmartThings and subsequently Sharptools - I suppose I could leave as is, but at this stage probably just redo them all to simplify everything and get rid of the Virtual Switches.

Bottom line - it looks like Tuya finally caught up and together with SmartThings they have it worked out.

2 Likes

@Bethel_Lane , thanks for sharing. This is indeed a very interesting news. :+1: Wondering what other brands powered by Tuya are now working in SmartThings. I just tested my Mercury bulb but it still couldn’t be found in SmartThings app.

1 Like

After I posted that I had same thought - I have some smart bulbs loaded in a gosund app (they are Tuya but not necessarily all Gosund - found I could put all in that app however) Used add Globe Device and selected Gosund from the options and now have 5 more bulbs in there too! (There are two more bulbs in that Gosund app that are not specifically Gosund that won’t include however)

Here are two of the devices directly in the Gosund app - one that includes ST third party control and one that does not
(The ones that do not have ST are LampUX brand)

1 Like

@James - try also SmartLife for linked service for your Merkury bulbs

@Bethel_Lane, unfortunately, I’ve tried Smart Life, TuyaSmart and Globe Suite but no luck. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

ah well - maybe will still come along in a wee while

I re-mapped all my outside lights today eliminating all my Simulated Switches (except for the ones for the Groups). That was almost as much work as it was in creating them :rofl: But cleaned things up quite a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely exciting and a good news knowing they are making progress in integration. Hope we will see people reporting more successful integrations here soon. :grin:

I wonder if you could do a wireless Tasmota Flash?
I’ve seen quite a few tutorials on that - especially if you could copy the firmware from one of the devices that DOES work (like my Gosund Bulbs)

Here’s an odd one:
I needed another Fan/Dimmer switch; my TreatLife switch had been immediately recognized by SmartThings when it was first installed, although all my other single pole TreatLife Switches were not (but subsequently one day a few months they suddenly were all included too - some details on that in my earlier post);
The TreatLife switch was being listed at $44 - not even an Amazon Days special on it (and also looked to be short on availability with either not available or long leadtime);
But I saw an Esmlfe Product that looked virtually identical and available on Prime Days for $27.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PD39NLF.
I installed it and rather than add yet another app (for one device), used my TreatLife app to initially add it - it was recognized with no problem and to all extents & purposes, appeared with the same label - a DS03 Switch (which is what the actual Treatlife was also labeled)
The only difference is that it is not linked to SmartThings - while the other devices in the App actually are.
So the TreatLife App is happy to add it and treat it like ‘one of their own’ other than the Supported Third Party Control to ST.
Maybe I’ll get lucky and it will ‘magically’ link somewhere down the road, just as my other devices did (which incidentally was not related any firmware update, has to do with how it is registered on the cloud I guess)
It’s not a big deal, I normally control with Alexa anyway - but be nice to have in ST (and therefor SharpTools) so I can do things with it from there if I choose.
But it just illustrates further how fickle these Tuya devices can be.

1 Like