Homey Pro Integration Released!

How can I join the Homey beta group?

Hi @Robin_de_Gruijter - welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

There’s no need to join the beta anymore as Homey has been released publicly as noted in the first post of this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Josh,

Thx. Im still looking around to find out how things work. I cannot find a tile for instance to show a graph (e.g. 1 day power history), or a gauge showing a value in a from-to range.

1 Like

So after a few hours of trying and reading I think I am missing basic stuff that I expected:

• Graph tile (e.g. last 24 hrs power usage)
  • Gauge tile (e.g. show battery charge 0-100%)
  • Match tile click action to a Homey device action (e.g. charge or stop)

I do think it is great that Homey users now have the option to create Dashboards with SharpTools! So keep up the good work❤️

But as said, the above functions would be basic stuff I do expect from a dashboard. Is this coming soon? Or is it already available and I just cant find it? :grimacing:

1 Like

@RichB and @eirik.wold, you can check the Homey App Store to see if your devices are supported by Homey. If this information is not clear, you should additionally check the corresponding thread in the Homey Community Forum (legend at the bottom, Community → Visit forum). There the exact type designations are mostly mentioned.

1 Like

Hi @Robin_de_Gruijter, just have a look at the forum thread Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards.
So there seems to be more possible than you’ve found out so far.

1 Like

Hi Krid,

Quickly browsing through all the examples on that link, I dont see any of them showing graphs or gauges. Secondly, I am looking for the integration with Homey specifically. And besides some default actions for lights or thermostats, I still do not see how I can control Homey devices that have custom control capabilities.

1 Like

Gauges and Graphs

We don’t natively support Gauges or Graphs at the moment, but there are feature requests available that you can vote on and it can also be accomplished in other ways.

:tada: Update: We put together a few Custom Tiles for Homey based on your feedback including a Gauge tile. The rest of the post remains for posterity.

As for the feature requests, here’s the links if you want to cast a vote:

Google Sheets

You can use the Homey integration with Google Sheets to log the data to Google Sheets and then embed those trends in your dashboards.

I believe this is the approach @Trygve_Hebnes used in their dashboard.

Custom Tiles

You can use Custom Tiles to display gauges and trends using the Homey API.

:tada: Update: We put together a few Custom Tiles for Homey based on your feedback including a Gauge tile.

• The community has built things like this for Hubitat and SmartThings in the past (Hubitat Gauge, Hubitat Trend, SmartThings Trend).
  • I’ll see if I can put something together for Homey and update this thread (see above). :slight_smile:

Tile Click Actions

Can you share some details about what you are trying to accomplish? If the device uses a custom capability which isn’t natively supported by an existing tile type, you may have to use a SharpTools rule to send your preferred command.

For basic device commands that don’t require any parameters in the command (eg. push()), you can use a Super Tile and directly call those commands. That being said, most custom Homey capabilities will sync over in the format setHomeyString('capability', 'value') so they won’t show up in the Thing Commands for a Super Tile since they require parameters.

That being said, you can still create a SharpTools Rule and then call that from a Super Tile or from a Hyperlink Tile.

The bottom line is there’s a lot of different options – if you can share a specific use-case, I would be happy to provide more guidance on a recommended approach. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping for native support that is easily setup like the other native tiles😉

:+1:

Many homey devices have user selectable actions called a ‘picker’. E.g. my Sessy home storage system has a picker where you can select to start charge, discharge or stop charging. Or for my car to start A/C or defroster. So it is in fact a settable capability in Homey, where the possible settings are from an enum list. Also here I was hoping for a standard tile, where I can select the onClick action from the enum list that Homey api provided, without me needing to get all technical🙏

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out. I looked in the store the other and found Honeywell, but not my specific thermostats. I don’t recall finding Kwikset Locks, but I’ll look again. I’m thinking maybe there’s just a standard z-wave lock option that might work.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Homey Custom Capabilities

Hi @Robin_de_Gruijter just an update that we’ve started working on some beta Custom Tiles for Homey in the following thread. Hopefully these will inspire other community developers to build similar interesting projects.

1 Like

Nice Homey dashboard example:

1 Like

@josh
Is there a reason why the default Homey Virtual buttons are not working?
The virtual switch works :slight_smile:

What isn’t working for you? Using Virtual Buttons is a common approach for actuating Homey Flows and I just tested and it’s still working for me.

I created it by using the New Device → Homey → Virtual Button.

I also just tried a Button from the Virtual Devices app and I can actuate that fine as well. And I’m able to use both of these buttons in dashboards and in rules.

Custom Devices
If you have some sort of special device that has other capabilities and a virtual button functionality, you may have to specifically switch to the ‘Momentary Tile’ layout. Normally this is the default tile layout that is automatically used for basic Virtual Button devices.

Sorry should have been more specific…

Yes it works in dashboard.

But when making a supertile i get this:

What are you looking to do on the Super Tile? The button won’t display any ‘state’, but you can add an icon or text to the Super Tile and then assign the push() action for the button to one of those (or even the whole Super Tile).

1 Like

Thanks.
Was playing around and couldent figure it out.
Just what I wanted to do.
Thanks @josh that worked :smiley:

1 Like

Homey Pro (NOT the bridge) is much better then Smartthings.
There all a lot of integration apps including scripts for more advanced stuff. Flows (standard) are not that grerat but the advanced flows with script are supergreat. personally Idumped Smartthins. Not because the standard is bad but the development part for more advanced stuff is dreadfull.

Thanks for the info. However, as far as I can tell, several of my devices are not yet supported (e.g., Kwikset locks) so I never switched to Homey Pro.