Homey Integration Discussion

Hi,
I was very pleased with your integration with Homey pro. I used sharptools in conjunction with Home Assistant some time ago, and due to the change of platform to Homey Pro had to give up on you. Now I’m back and waiting for more things to be supported, because I know what possibilities you have. More than 120 of my devices are waiting for integration!!! I wish you fruitful tests and enlargement of supported devices as soon as possible :).

3 Likes

I installed the Sharptools app on my homey and connected successfully. I would like to cast the sharptool dashboard from my homey to my nest hub. How does it work?

Does everyone has examples how your dashboards looks like? I would like to know what is possible with sharptools and homey.

The Show Off Your SharpTools Dashboards! thread has a bunch of examples of how people have setup their dashboards from across a variety of different platforms. :slight_smile:

You would need to be able to login on the device that the dashboard is displayed on. For example, you could link a Phone/SMS login to your SharpTools account which would enable you to login on a Google Cast touchscreen display as that type of display typically doesn’t bring up a keyboard, but you can tap the keyboard icon to the right of the phone login which brings up an onscreen numeric input.

That being said, I haven’t seen a lot of people posting about actually using casting as a primary way to display their dashboards, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s challenging (or not possible) to login on many cast devices, like a TV.

Thanks for the answer. That works with the nest hub Login.

Another question about the homey integration. I have several devices with different informations like a netatmo weather module (Battery, Temperature, ppm, humidity). SharpTools Online shows me the temperature and the battery. Is it also possible to show the other arguments like ppm or humiditiy? How does it work?

You can check which attributes and capabilities have been synced over to SharpTools by viewing the device details:

1. Open your SharpTools User Page
  2. Tap the ... next to your Homey location
  3. Scroll down and tap on the device in question

A common approach is to use a Hero Attribute tile or Super Tile to display your preferred custom attributes. You can find an explanation of the different tile types here: