Homeseer Platform Integration

Based on the great work you guys have done to support both ST and Hubitat, have you considered expanding your solution integration for Homeseer? This platform lacks what sharp tools enables. It has been a big topic in the DIY forums on a major gap as there customized framework HSTouch is just to complicated and does not scale well for the masses. I would love to get sharp tools developers feedback on this. It would enable greater scale and base to adopt your solution in.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @supergolfstick, thanks for your feedback and kind words. We do plan to expand the integration to other platforms, and the interests we received plays an important role in terms of the priority for us. So your post is a good start and allows others to comment if they are interested as well. :grin:

Yes have been great to have Homeseer support…

//Jens

1 Like

It would be nice to have you guys work with Homeseer.

1 Like

Major +1 for Homeseer integration.

THANKS!!

1 Like

Just a heads up that I’ve moved this topic into our new Feature Requests category which makes it easier for people to show their interest by voting. Be sure to scroll up to the top post and cast vote if you’re still interested in this!

Please add HomeSeer, we need a good dashboard for homeseer, I will happily pay for this, I just need something that works

1 Like

Make sure to cast your vote in at the top of the thread:

It doesn’t look like we are getting many votes here! Perhaps we can cross post in the Homeseer forum. Although that won’t make them very happy as they have a fee for service called HSTouch which visually looks like it is from the last century.

I use Allonis MyServer for touchscreens right now but due to multiple stability issues I am looking to switch off. I do use Hubitat as well - so could go that route. But a deeper integration with Homeseer would definitely be easier as it does all of my heavy lifting.

There are plenty of plugin developers in homeseer land that might jump at the opportunity. I can think of one that did the Hubitat driver for Homeseer. They might be interested.

1 Like

A thought on this. There are not many people using SharpTools that also use Homeseer as SharpTools doesn’t support Homeseer yet. So we are not going to get a lot of votes here. I can’t really promote this on the Homeseer board as that would be poor form - but I am positive there would be a lot of people over there that would be interested - especially considering the state of hstouch. Any thoughts on how we get that input?

Thanks @simon for starting this. Homeseer user here, looking for a replacement to Imperihome. Sharptools looks like it would be a great replacement.

2 Likes

Count me in on on being very much interested in seeing a Homeseer integration. Their HSTouch software is pretty much useless.

1 Like

+1. As noted above, you shouldn’t expect HomeSeer folks to upvote this thread, they will have no idea that it exists. Build it and they will come.

2 Likes

Any luck moving forward with Homeseer integration? Homeseer has a huge and very active install base that is CLAMORING for a fresh UI. As @davepch2 mentioned above, I don’t believe the Homeseer community knows this forum exists to sufficiently upvote the request, but if you look on https://forums.homeseer.com/ you’ll see the overwhelming desire for something new is there.

2 Likes

Hi @Scott_Hayes - thanks for reaching out. It looks like this feature request has picked up some more votes, but there’s still other feature requests with more votes at the moment that will likely get prioritized first.

That being said, I understand that this thread may not get the same number of votes since the SharpTools community isn’t actively visited by Homeseer users, so as we revisit expansion to additional platforms in the future, we will keep that in mind!

This would be a huge improvement. I am moving from ST to HomeSeer and unfortunately will have to cancel my SharpTools subscription. I would gladly pay a reasonable amount for this.

2 Likes

I would also like to see a direct HS integration.

The options out there (HS Designer/HS Touch, HSBuddy, etc.) are not great and look very old …

Imperihome was a good option until they went under …

Please consider a Homeseer integration.

1 Like

Been waiting for a decent replacement to imperihome for our HS setups. Major +1 for this implementation.

Homeseer is definitely the best overall automation solution but they ve always lacked a nice touch interface. Been in the Business for 20 years, your approach is perfect for touch interface.

Youll litterally get all HS users with this plugin. Thanks for the consideration.

2 Likes

Any idea if homeseer integration is a possibility within the next year ?

It’s the fourth most popular feature request in votes and views and the sharptools community will most likely gain thousands or new users considering homeseer has been and is still around every serious home automation communities.

Their backend is simply the best but as for the frontend ( hstouch ), that’s another story.

1 Like

I can’t commit to the timing, but the fact that it has risen to the top of the list certainly helps in getting it prioritized for further review / analysis. :smiley:

I did some prototyping work on this a few months back - I’d have to revisit my notes for the details, but I do recall there being some challenges in that initial analysis. For example, there are data structure and API differences between HS3 and HS4 that would potentially warrant only supporting HS4 (at least at first release). And it seems like big chunks of the community are still on HS4 (even though many have paid for HS4 licenses, but not yet migrated).

The other thing I recall seeing is that the data modeling being somewhat weak and would be a challenge in dashboards where we use more standardized classifications. I think there’s room for inference here based on the reported control pairs / states, but I was surprised that even though there is a concept of ‘device types’, most of the devices I tested all reported ‘generic’ types.

2 Likes