Fire HD 10 - Control Volume Via SharpTools?

I’m thinking this isn’t do-able but does anyone know of a way to control a tablet (in my case Fire HD 10) volume via SharpTools? I am trying to get some TV streaming working from within a dashboard but the streaming volume seems to be quite high. My hardware volume controls are hidden under my wall mounted case so cant get to those easily.

@Ben_Iffland, you can create a rule to set the tablet’s volume if you are using Fully Kiosk Browser on your Fire 10".

You can find the links to the community developed device handler for Fully Kiosk Browser in the post below. Once install, configured and the device is added to SharpTools, you can control it via SharpTools.

Thanks that looks cool. I’ll check it out.

Based on our other conversations, it sounds like you are a web developer and are pretty familiar with building Custom Tiles. You could create a tile that allows adjusting the volume using the Fully Kiosk JavaScript API

Fully Kiosk Browser settings → Advanced Web Settings → Enable JavaScript API

For example, here’s a test tile I put together as I was trying to figure out what the right stream was for controlling the volume on my Fire tablet:

You can tap on the volume or channel in the sample tile and it increments each respectively and then plays a TTS message so you can test the volume changed as expected. It should at least give you the bones to get a feel for how things work, but feel free to ask questions. :slight_smile:

<script src="https://unpkg.com/vue@next"></script>

<div id="app">
  <div v-on:click="incrementVolume">Volume: {{ volume }}</div>
  <div v-on:click="incrementChannel">Channel: {{ channel }}</div>
</div>

<script>
  const VolumeApp = {
    data() {
      return {
        volume: 20,
        channel: 1,
      }
    },
    methods: {
      incrementVolume(){
        if(this.volume === 100){
          this.volume = 0;
          return;
        }
        this.volume = Math.min(this.volume + 10, 100);
        this.setVolume(this.volume);
      },
      setVolume(level){
        if(window.fully == null){ 
          alert('Please enable JS API in Fully Kiosk Browser')
          return;
        }
        window.fully.setAudioVolume(this.volume, this.channel)
        window.fully.stopTextToSpeech()
        window.fully.textToSpeech(`Testing channel ${this.channel} at volume ${this.volume}`);
      },
      incrementChannel(){
        if(this.channel === 10){
          this.channel = 0;
          return;
        }
        this.channel = Math.min(this.channel + 1, 10);
        this.setVolume(this.volume);
      }
    },
    mounted(){
      window.fully.getAudioVolume
    }
  }

Vue.createApp(VolumeApp).mount('#app')

</script>

<style>
  #app { 
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column;
    height: 100%;
    justify-content: space-evenly;
  }
  #app > * { 
    flex: 1;
    padding: 0.5em;
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
    justify-content: center;
  }
  html, body { height: 100%; margin: 0;}

</style>

This is what the channels are supposed to be, but only 3 and 8 seemed to adjust the volume as expected on my fire tablet.

["1":"System","2":"Ring","3":"Music","4":"Alarm","5":"Notification","6":"Bluetooth","7":"System Enforced","8":"DTMF","9":"TTS","10":"Accessibility"],
1 Like

Thanks thats great will try it later.