Feature Requests: Theme, Icons, Up-Down Tile

Hey @josh I’ve got two requests and maybe they’ve been made here already:

1. Custom tile active state icons

2. Secondary attributes, or select attribute. (I know this was listed above)
    It would be nice to select a multi-sensor and choose I want the temperature as the main element and 2-4 secondary attributes in the corners.

Keep up the great work! Are you going freemium with this anytime soon? the Rule engine is pretty nice and if I switch everything to it somebody should be getting some money. lol

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Keith!

If I understand the request, I believe this will be covered for you once we get icon pairs in place.

This is available to some degree with the Hero Attribute layout. You can select a primary attribute to display in the center of the tile and can select a secondary attribute to display in the bottom-right corner of the tile.

The way I understood the request above, they wanted to use the default tile layout which displays and icon and attributes based on the device capability, but wanted to be able override which ‘additional’ attributes are displayed in the corners.

Either way, I’m hearing that you guys want more flexibility with customizing what icons as well as primary and secondary content display on the tile. I appreciate the added feedback as it helps add some clarity as to whether some of the things we’ve been working on or looking into would really cover all the bases. :smiley:

We do plan on introducing a premium tier at some point. We don’t have any specific plans to announce at this point in time, but we appreciate your support!

A positive review on our facebook page and mentioning SharpTools.io on social media / discussions is always much appreciated!

1 Like

Hi @josh, I’m not sure if it has always been this way and I just didn’t notice, or if something has changed, but I cannot set the security on a tile in Hero layout. This is a major issue for me, I cannot use a tile in hero layout to display the remaining battery on my front door without it acting as an unlock button, which I really don’t want. I understand you’re super busy and folks are providing a fairly constant stream of requests but could you confirm if this is a regression and if there is a scheduled fix for it? Thanks

The Tile Security setting wasn’t originally included on Hero Attribute layouts as they were originally read only. I’ll look at getting the Security option added to these tiles. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks. Really appreciate your effort, especially as we’re not paying for this yet.

1 Like

Just an update that tonight’s SharpTools.io platform update adds the ‘Security’ setting to Hero Attribute tiles. Thanks for the suggestion and your ongoing support! :smiley:

(To see the update, make sure to refresh your dashboard page)

3 Likes

Yup, I see it, perfect. Thank you.

Under feature requests:
Is it possible to make use of the “open with vlc/ open in vlc/ play with vlc” ability in Chrome, so that we can stream higher quality video streams? MJPEG quality is better than nothing, but since my modern cameras stream in HD (H.264), and my screens all have HD quality, I’d like to see my SharpTools screen in a higher resolution.
Thanks for consideration.

1 Like

Under Feature Requests:
I would like to have the ability to make a Tile that is half the width (vertically) of a typical tile, to distinguish it from other types of tiles.
Why do I want such a feature?
I would put in this type of tile, primarily the “Dashboard” type of tile.
I would like to arrange my tablet screen so that it has at the top of the screen a (fake) “tabbed” interface.
In other words, at the top of every screen (dashboard), I would make a series of smaller (half size) tiles that would handle navigation between screens (i.e. dashboards). One tile would go back to the “home” screen, one would go to the screen for “kitchen”, etc.
It would make the entire Dashboard interface much more “user friendly”.
(If this can be done at present, please forgive this feature request, I just don’t know how to do it.)

Jack, you can adjust the dashboard’s overall tile size to “Tiny” and make all tiles, except dashboard tile, twice bigger to achieve what you want. And in each dashboard, you can choose different color for the dashboard tile you are currently viewing to give you the “selected” tab look. You can of course adjust the tile size, add space between the dashboard tabs and other tiles however you want, and here is a quick example I just put together.

You should definitely check out other dashboards shared in the community to get some inspiration, and don’t forget to share yours later too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ability to add more user pins. I plan on using this as a full on security system. So I’d like to have a few different pins I can give out to disarm the Smart Home Monitoring. If there was a way to log times events happened and what user. So I can easily see who disarmed/armed SHM. So for example, at 8:07am user X entered pin on SHM disarm tile. Or something similar to that nature.

Also, ability to add H.264 camera streams.

2 Likes

Any way to incorporate a Google Calendar (Events View) into a tile? The ability to add a widget into a tile would be a game changer for my screen usage.

For example:
Capture

Thanks for all the awesome work!

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve been tossing around the idea of calendar integration (with Google likely being a lead integration), so it’s good to hear your interest in it as well!

You mentioned adding a widget into a tile. Can you clarify what you mean by that?

1 Like

Just meaning the google calendar into a tile.

That would be awesome! Smells like a good premium feature!!! :wink:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Possible Request? Tile with customized text?

Could you just incorporate an option to have two images? One for the stationary fan and one that shows lines for movement? Not sure how hard this would be. May be more work that it is worth just thought I would throw it out there.

1 Like

I would love the idea to have a “default” icon and an “active” icon

1 Like

For example, I can have the normal garage icon with the door closed as default mode, and when my garage door is open, I can use this icon that i just mocked up
car%20with%20garage

I think both of these would be covered by the ‘icon pairs’ concept we we’re thinking of where certain icons would have a standard ‘active’ and ‘default’ icon associated with them. I’ll look at bumping up the priority for it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Any update with a color wheel or another method for rgb control?