Feature Requests: Theme, Icons, Up-Down Tile

I didnt see that it controlled that. i thought it was for hue or saturation. Thank you!

I would argue that clicking the % already opens up the new color wheel, so it would make more sense to have the tile just control on/off, and clicking the lower right corner (%) would open the color wheel.

Fair point. Perhaps it could be a configurable option. This release included some updates to Hyperlinks and Media Tiles where you can choose what the action is upon being tapped… I could see that concept extending to more tiles.

I know you listen to everything we bitch about, and take it all into consideration. :smile:

Thanks for the hard work!

1 Like

Thank you for add this new feature :grin:, Can I have a motion event and this event show camera full screen for X seconds…

1 Like

Any updates on this Google Calendar front? Be really nice to mimic what Dakboard is doing, but with the Smartthings aspect …

A post was split to a new topic: Request: Spotify Direct Integration

We’re still in the R&D phase with the calendar integration.

@josh I came here to do the same suggestion, in the past, clicking the tile will turn on the light, clicking the lower right corner will open the brigness window, so now to just turn on 1 light you need 3 clicks instead 1, you must click the tile, then click the ON button in the new window, then click X or any other area out of that window to close the window.

I really appreciate the additions.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the best place, but here are my icon requests :slight_smile:

man, woman, boy, girl
sliding door/window
fence gate
sprinkler/irrigation
siren/police light
2 Likes

@Mike_Kasper I was just reading through this thread again to see if I missed any requests and realized I never responded to yours. We added calendar and news feed support in one of the releases back in March!

1 Like

The latest SharpTools.io update includes the ability to pick from a list of Tile Layouts based on the capabilities that a device exposes (along with a bunch of other awesome new features). Thanks again for the feedback!

2 Likes

updating icon requests to add a couple more…

man, woman, boy, girl, dog, fish
sliding door/window
fence gate
sprinkler/irrigation
siren/police light
appliances: oven, refrigerator, laundry washer/dryer

This site has a lot of good icons and they take requests:

2 Likes

Are icons licences bought as a package or are they custom for Sharptools?
If custom what are the specs? I could make some.

We license the majority of the icons, but we’ve custom made a number of icons based on user requests that couldn’t be sourced otherwise.

We source most of our icons from Font Awesome, so we try to follow their ‘solid’ style and approach. All of the icons are SVG and we attempt to target a minimal size for the web - this also naturally lends to following the FA style which is a bit more minimal in nature, has gentle curvature, and isn’t loaded with tons of paths (eg. overly complex polys/shapes)

1 Like

Josh, could I get 1 .svg file that Font Awesome create? I would like to explore it in Adobe illustrator to take a look at it. I assume they create the icon and you add it to the tile?

Font Awesome has a huge chunk of their library available for free (most of the ‘Solid’ icons).

Their online icon library has some really neat features - for example, you can hover your mouse over the main icon to get an idea of what paths are used in the icon.

You can also find a download button on the icon’s page:

Good evening!

I will be adding all my pool equipment this weekend, and I noticed there were not pool icons. I looked in Font Awesome and there were none there, and I found some icon packs, but they required licensing fees and didn’t exactly match the solid style you’re trying to stick with. So, being an artist myself, I went ahead and made a set. I knew I’d need a light, a vacuum, filter, pump, swimming, pool… Hopefully that wasn’t too presumptuous of me, and I’d love to see them included if you’re OK with them. I made them all with a screenshot of your icons for reference, and tried to keep them scaled similarly, etc., and I made each one its own .svg file (with blue box for preview purposes, that you can remove if you choose to use them.

Here’s a preview:

I don’t know how to get them to you, but Here’s a Google Drive link to them if that will work?

Since I made these, no licensing required. Consider them open source.

Thanks for your hard work!

3 Likes

These look great! Really nice work.

I’ll take a closer look when I get back to a PC and see what it would take to get them included. :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesomeness. :+1:
Can’t wait to have everything migrated over and really pretty up my dashes.

3 Likes

I just realized I never updated this thread that we included Ricky’s icons in the July 29th SharpTools.io update.

They look amazing - thanks again!