I havent ever tried the app, before now didnt know it existed. Ill try play with it after setting up the rules engine. Thanks for the heads up on it.
I’m pretty sure it can be done with Tasker, but Tasker isn’t available on Amazon Fire Tablets unless you have Google Play sideloaded. AutomateIt seems similar to Tasker though, so it might be possible.
Ive shied away from Tasker, for no particular reason though. Ive just tried to limit the amount of different apps that have access to everything. Im probably just being paranoid though.
Haha I really hope someday one platform finds a way to incorporate all of this… At the end of it its why I keep thinking about going back to control 4. nice easy GUI, almost no lag but paired with the down side of a hefty price tag and limited enterprise hardware…
Ok so I got a good look around last night and I thought I’d update the feature requests. Wasnt sure if I should update the initial thread or just post below. I figured below to keep consistency of the thread.
- Scaling of buttons: This for me has to be the top priority. Unfortunately using the scaling feature in Fully lands up making the text almost unreadable as Tommy pointed out. Also the scaling doesnt work in fullscreen mode. It also means you cant design tile sets for specific devices. In a lot of the instances Ive found that you could almost quarter the size of the buttons. I know completely custom specs for tiles could be an absolute pain in the backside, but maybe just an option for small (quarter), medium(half), large (normal size)? This is probably the main reason I’d battle right now to switch from the other guys…
Icons: There is quite a big repository for Icons, but after going through a lot of them I found that a lot of the icons are almost irrelevant for home automation. I’d like to see more Icons for lighting as an example, icons for recessed lights, lamps, pendants, chandeliers, outside lamps etc. If possible, Id love to see icons imported for apps like Spotify, Plex, Netflix, FireTV, Harmony - although I do understand this might get messy around copywrite.
Ability to set and apply a theme that would set the general defaults for a page. Size of tiles, Default and Active colours, text colours.
Virtual Buttons to call logic- The rules engine is fantastic, and frankly faster than webcore. You have done a fantastic job setting this up. Its amazingly easy to use and fast to set up, IMO one of the failure of Webcore. But what I noticed is that there is no way to create a “virtual tile” to call on functions. This means that you still have to create the virtual button in ST and link to a tile here which isnt a massive issue, but it does make the ST app look like a dog show. Any way that a virtual tile can be set up to be used to call logic from the rules engine? If you need clarity on this let me know and Ill go into more detail.
This would probably include a tile that we spoke about yesterday with 2 buttons on it to act as a volume up/down (like the thermostat buttons)
- The last thing I’d love to see, but also understand why it likely wont happen, is a little bit of storage to load images for media tiles to rotate pictures. It doesnt have to be much due to the fact that the tiles are small, so no one is going to be uploading full HD pics. but maybe like 50MB to allow for a few pics to be uploaded and shuffled?
Overall Im massively impressed. The addition of the rules engine is going to give you a rock solid product.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
- Scaling of Buttons: It’s on the short list (already scheduled as part of this sprint)!
- Icons: I totally agree about adding more icons and was hoping I would hear some requests in this space. The specific examples are helpful!
- Theme (Dashboard Config): Part of this is planned as part of item 1 - some of it is planned for a future release.
- Virtual Buttons: A dashboard tile for triggering rules is definitely on the list. First pass will probably just be to trigger a rule, but over time I’d like to look at other options and integrations (for example as we add variable support in rules)
- Storage: Never say never! One of the feature requests from my wife is the ability to view photos. This will probably come in the form of a connection to Google Photos / Dropbox, but I can see an option for adding storage.
This release of Dashboard Settings includes the ability to adjust tiles sizes and set default/active colors at the dashboard level. I have plans for additional settings, but wanted to get this first pass out as it has some nice core features for customizing your dashboard.
And as a progress update, I’ve been working on some new icons… I wasn’t able to squeeze them into this release, but I would expect them in an upcoming release.
Awesome! I should have some time tomorrow to check it out
@josh So far it looks great, except for one problem.
Ive adjusted my Tiles and colours to look and feel how I want, Ive even found a way to run photos from my Qnap as a media tile (Although this is still fixed and not a rotating album).
BUT, when I hit the save button, all the tiles reshuffle…
To try explain this better, if I order my tiles (each number being a tile):
1 2 5 7 8 10
3 4 6 9 11 12
When I hit save, the tiles reshuffle themselves. How on earth do I stop this happening??
Can you PM me some screenshots of the tiles before and after saving?
Sorry @josh just fiddling with it a bit to try work out whats happening. It seems to be something to do with if you resize a tile height as example, but leave the width on the default rather than forcing it to 1 or 2. Then it almost treats that tile as empty.
Ill let you know more as I troubleshoot
Something that might be worth looking at, is adding the ability to force a new line. I think the above is that and a combination of different resolutions.
Hi, can we have this icon added to the available collection? I have a Harmony system connected to ST and would like this for the surround sound. I can send the transparent png, just let me know what size. Thanks.
Thanks for the icon suggestion. Do you have the icon available in SVG format? We use scalable vector graphics for all icons so they can scale to various sizes.
Let me know if the attached works, or if I need to rescale from a larger format.
@josh Well done on the update. Things are looking better and better on my panel! Im still not 100% sure what was causing the tiles to jump around, but since it hasnt repeated.
Some ideas to add to the list:
- Change the space between tiles
- The ability to force a new line on the tiles rather than having to add spacer tiles. Its just neater and works better with different resolutions if you can force a new line.
- Snag list: When the screen saver in Kiosk goes on and the tablet is then woken, you are automatically exited from full screen mode. Any way to fix that? - Same happens if you switch to an app, you exit full screen mode
- enable text wrap for tile labels
Thanks for the additional feedback! Several of these are on the hit list and I’ve taken note of them all!
- Tile Gutter / Spacer Size - it’s on the short list - thanks for confirming the need!
- Force New Line - I’ve been looking into this. As simple as it sounds, there are actually a few complications depending on the approach that’s taken - especially while maintaining drag-and-drop and my desire to be able to drag across ‘grids’. It’s on the list, but it might be a bigger effort than I originally expected.
- Fully Kiosk Fullscreen Issue - I’ll look into this. I had noticed some other weirdness with Full Screen on Fully.
- Tile Label Text Wrap - on many of the 1x1 tiles in your screenshot, it looks like enabling wrapping would overcrowd the tile.
other icon requests: ceiling fan, box fan, outlet
Thanks for the specific suggestions! I’ve included some fan icons, media device icons, and lighting icons in the upcoming release. I’ll see if I can squeeze an outlet icon into this release - otherwise I’ll add it to the list for a future release.
There’s also going to be a section for brands thanks to @Gilbert_Tunmer’s request.
sweet! can we also default the humidity UoM to %?
In what context? The Hero Attribute tiles?
Edit: I thought I already had a fallback for humidity, but just checked and the logic is to try to pull the unit of measure from the attribute and if the attribute doesn’t supply units, then
level have fallbacks - I’ve added
humidity to the list with
% as the fallback for missing units.
On contact sensors, I would like to see the ability to choose a different icon for open vs. closed. (Perhaps an open door vs. a closed door)