Fan Control Tile - Fan Speeds

Is there a way to remove the “Medium Low”, “Medium High” and “Auto” from the Fan Control Tile so the Speed Picker only displays Off, Low, Medium, High and On?

Thanks, Glenn

Not at the moment, but it’s on the hit list! I assume you are on Hubitat? We proposed the idea of having a supportedFanSpeed attribute as a core part of the Fan Control capability, but haven’t heard much on the idea.

Assuming they don’t add it as a core part of the Fan Control capability, we’ll look at adding an option directly to the tile.

And thanks for posting as the level of interest in particular features from community members is a key part of how we prioritize what we work on!

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

One strange thing I noticed when testing Cycle Speed is it goes from Low to Medium Low to Medium to High, skipping Medium High. I don’t want the Medium High but curious why its being skipped.

If I remember correctly, the original set of devices that implemented Hubitat’s Fan Control capability originally only had those speeds.

As far as I’m aware, only the Lutron Caseta integration supports the medium-high speed, so we added support for it in the picker and a relevant animation for it, but we don’t cycle to it by default as most other fans in Hubitat don’t support that speed.

Hi Josh - any update on this? I’m using the Speed Picker and would like to eliminate the Medium Low, Medium High and Auto.

Thanks, Glenn

Not at the moment. We haven’t seen a lot of community interest / feedback on this particular request, so we’ve been prioritizing other highly requested features first. That being said, I’ll be sure to update this thread when there’s news! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Josh - Checking back in to see if there have been any updates to removing Medium Low and Medium High to the Fan Tile.

Thanks, Glenn

There hasn’t been a lot of interest / feedback in this, so we’ve been prioritizing other highly requested features in the meantime. That being said, I’ve moved this into the Feature Requests category so other community members can show their interest by voting on the request.

You can scroll up to the top of the post and cast your vote too. :slight_smile:

I am in the exact opposite boat. The Bond linked service in Smartthings only gives me Off / Low / Med / High control over my 9-speed fan. Probably nothing that SharpTools can do to build the other 6 speeds back in, though.

Does the Bond device offer the other 6 speeds in the SmartThings app?

Unfortunately, the approach to fans is a bit lacking in both platforms as the devices don’t report back which speeds they support. Unfortunately, the request to SmartThings to have fans report what speeds they support was met with crickets. :slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry for the slow response. In the SmartThings app, I only have access to Off / Low / Med / High. I can only access the full range on the Bond app or the remote control.

1 Like

I too would like to be able to remove medium low, medium high and auto. I voted above.

1 Like

Me too! I’d like to see you fully implement the Fan Control and honour the supportedFanSpeeds attribute and maybe even consider a Thermostat Control that also honours its “supported” attributes for mode etc. Do paid users get any extra mega sized votes :wink: ??

Hi Grant - welcome to the community! What specific device handler / driver are you referring to?

SmartThings does not have a supportedFanSpeeds attribute - it was just something we proposed to them.

Hubitat eventually added a supportedFanSpeeds attribute to Hub version 2.2.6 (March 2021), but as of my review in May there weren’t any built-in devices that reported this attribute.

Edit:

The Thermostat tiles respect the supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes attributes already. :smiley:

I’ve written several fan drivers (and in the process of writing more, including an air conditioning driver) that all honour that attribute. I’d obviously appreciate you supporting this in the fan tile if it isn’t too much effort, as it will only cement your dashboard service as being a market leader.

PS - wasn’t aware of the Thermostat support so will ensure I test that and confirm it works as expected.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dynamic Thermostat Modes with Custom Driver

The Fan Tile Custom Speeds feature should close this out.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.