Ecobee thermostat with Single Height Thermostat layout

My Ecobee thermostat stopped reporting in Sharptools but works fine in Actiontiles. I noticed this afternoon that the thermostat was no longer displaying the current temperature. I tried deleting and re-adding the tile to my dashboard. I reauthorized it and no change. I checked my Actiontiles dashboard and it is displaying and working fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that things aren’t working as expected.

Can you share some more details about what you’re experiencing: From what I recall, you use SmartThings, right? Are you using the standard Thermostat Tile layout or something different?

Can you share a screenshot of the device details page in SharpTools showing the attribute value as well as a screenshot from the SmartThings mobile app showing the temperature you expected?

As a reminder, you can view the device details by:

1. Open your SharpTools.io User Page
  2. Tap the ... next to the location in question
  3. Scroll down and tap on the device in question
  4. Screenshot the attribute values section

Sorry it took so long.

SmartThings
Standard two tile

Thank you!

R Bendell

Are you referring to the ? displayed in the second tile on the first row called “Florida Thermostat”?

If so, that’s happening because the thermostat is not reporting a ‘Thermostat Setpoint’ attribute and that tile is using the Single Height Thermostat layout while the thermostat is in Auto mode and is idle, so it has no way to infer which setpoint to display.

If you prefer using the Auto mode, you can switch to the double height thermostat layout which displays each setpoint independently.

Otherwise, if the thermostat was explicitly set to Heat or Cool mode, the single height layout would display the relevant setpoint.

Thank for your help!