Countdown Timer Tile

Thanks for expressing your interest!

For those of you just looking for a countdown (with no action triggered at the end), one workaround is to use the SharpTools Media Tile along with a countdown image.

For example, the following site has some neat countdown images for various holidays:

1 Like

@Armand_Welsh

Thanks for this timer. It works like a charm on Sharptools, but like you said, a wee bit complicated to set the various values, start, stop etc from RM. But other than that, does exactly what I want!

Question: Do you know about Hubitat Package Manager? If not, you may want to get this app in there.

TIA
J

I do, and all my apps are in there. I have this timer, a Roku tv connect solution, and a custom Hue bridge integration tool

1 Like

Could this not be achieved by using a variable to hold the timer value, a simulated switch to activate/deactivate the timer and a rule to change the variable value with a 1 second delay?

That will require the math functions for the variables. Ex: decrement by 1 every time the rule runs. Here is the related feature request for math functions.

Math function would make it much easier, but I think I could still hack it without.

1 Like

Just voted… :slight_smile:
This is what I used in Dakboard. Now I’m trying to find a way to set countdown timer and that seems to be not possible at the moment. So if voting makes any difference…

EDIT: actually created virtual dimmer switch in ST IDE, then did webcore piston which sets dimmer level daily at 12.01AM to certain level (level is how many days to christmas). Then added device to Sharptools dashboard and now I have a dashboard tile which shows how many days to christmas. :slight_smile:
Easy…no… I still keep my vote…

3 Likes

Voting and participating in the topic is the best way to show your interest! The more people that vote on something, the more likely it is to get prioritized.

We only recently moved this topic into the Feature Requests category where voting is enabled, so anyone else in this thread who is still interested should scroll up and cast their vote too!

1 Like

this driver has been through a few iterations. it now allow a default time, so we can start/stop it from sharptools. Still hoping to see the enhancement added though.

1 Like

I would love to have an “at a glance” reminder to water my plants.
So a countdown tile, set to a few days, that would change color if it expires and reset the countdown on tap, would be really appreciated…

1 Like

Is there anything like the hubitat driver for SmartThings?

You guys may be interested to check out the post below that you can use the Custom Tile to display the “Count Down” tile from https://www.clocktab.com, which allows you to customize the title, background image and etc.

2 Likes

What are the size settings you used for the family trip tile both in Sharptools and on the clocktab.com? I either get a huge tile with tiny font are giant font that doesn’t fit in the tile.
:blush:

@Terri I have the tile set to 1 (height) x 2 (width) and the dashboard is using scalable with 6 columns in the dashboard settings. See below for the settings from clocktab.com.

I love the countdown timer but cant seem to get it to show up on my tile. Any tips ? Thanks

@Jake_Muller, can you share more details about your setup and maybe a screenshot so we can better understand the issue and help?

@Jake_Muller, thanks for the screenshots. You will need to use the Custom Tile - URL type to display the content from clocktab.com, instead of Media Tile. See screenshot below for how to access Developer Tools and create the custom tile.

And your can find more Custom Tile - URL integrations in the post below:

I’ve also reset your trial period, so you can play with the custom tiles in your dashboards, and feel free to send an email to support@sharptools.io if you have any questions.

Count Down or Up Custom Tile. Click link, save custom tile. Add thing to dashboard, Edit tile settings.

Link:
Count Up or Down Timer, advanced

2 Likes