Calendar and News Feed Tiles

The filters are applied on the SharpTools side. Feel free to PM @support if you’d like us to take a closer look with you.

Have a question on imported calendars that have been imported to a google calendar, but would like to have the composite calendar shown on SharpTools

So for example, if my personal gmail calendar has personal events added directly, as well as imported events, say (NFL schedule URL imported calendar, school imported calendar, etc.). Google Calendar obviously shows all the events, but sharptools only shows the events added directly to google. Is there a way for one sharptools calendar tile to show all these events instead of needing to have 3 different calendar tiles (one for personal, one for NFL, one for school)?

The latter does indeed work (I tested it) but certainly defeats the purpose of a “one stop” dashboard. Understand that premium allows multiple calendars and this might go around that, but as a premium user, would like to have that option.

Thank you in advance!

As a premium user, you can add the additional calendar sources, then edit the existing calendar tile that you already have on your dashboard and select additional calendar sources to display on one tile.

http://imgur.com/a/WlAIrl9

So sorry to waste your time man. cant believe I missed the drop down to check multiple calendars. Thank you!

1 Like

Is it possible to change the filter length? I want to display my son’s calendar which doesn’t have many events (he’s only 3 months old!) but we’d like to be able to see events for say the next 30 days if possible.

The period is currently fixed to 7 days, but you can cast a vote a longer / adjustable period here:

:link: Feature Request: Calendar Time Period

Thanks Josh, I did just that. Fingers crossed other folks like the idea too!

Hi, is there a way to change time format in calendar tile? I’m European and our clock has 24 hours :slight_smile: You guys there… you have 12h for am and 12h pm… :wink:

I would prefer 18.00 - 19.00

The date / time formats are based on the locale reported by your browser. It varies from device to device, but it’s generally a combination of your operating system settings and browser settings. Make sure your OS and browser’s region/language/locale settings are all set accordingly.

Ok so didn’t do anything and it has changed to European format. Not sure what was that about but I’m happy. Thanks @josh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there any plans on expanding the usage for the calendar?

It would be nice to be able to select different colours for seperate calendars in 1 tile.
Even better would be to be able to use the calendar as an event, to trigger things or rules.

Having buttons and things like rules is amazing, but I have a job and family situation, where every day I get up and leave house at a different time.
Or is this something you rely on tasker for? I don’t have that, it might do what I want though…

We use community feedback as a key indicator in prioritizing the features we work on. Specifically, the Feature Request category with votes being a key factor:

It looks like the two most popular ‘calendar’ related requests right now are:

Feel free to cast a vote on these (or add your own feature requests) to help move them up the list!

Depending on what platform you’re using, there are some ‘calendar’ integrations that create devices that generate events that you can react to in rules.

Hey Josh, is there a way to force calendar language? I’m using a tablet in which the OS is in EN and I don’t want to change that, but I wish to display the agenda days in another language.
The Clock Tile is giving me the correct language, including the day-of-week, but the calendar is not.

1 Like

I’ll take a look. :slight_smile: Probably something we would need to change on our side.

Edit: We pushed an update to translate the weekday using the locale. The formatting won’t be perfect for all languages, but it’s a step in the right direction.

I would note that date formatting is based on the locale of the browser. If the clock is showing up with Portuguese formatted dates, then it sounds like your browser locale is already set as you want. So if we are able to update the Calendar/Agenda tile to use the locale, it should start working as you hoped. :smiley:

Thanks for the swift update Josh, I now have the calendar working with locale.

1 Like

Nice dashboard! How did you change the font-type for the clock?

Hey @Wet.Blanket Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s quite simple, first just go to https://fonts.google.com/ and choose a font you like, remember to check on variations of the same font family, then after choosing a font you have a panel in the right with examples ( if you don’t see the panel click on the last icon in the header (*1)) on how to use them, choose the “import” option has this will give you the URL you will need in the next step (*2).

Take the url from the @import() statement and open that in your browser. It should be a series of @font-face declarations that tell your browser where to get the font from. You can then paste that declaration directly into your CSS. You can even trim out the declarations for cyrillic and other formats if all you need is your standard latin characters.

Now, assuming you already have a Theme for your dashboard configured in your account ( if not, just go to your dashboard, click on the 3 dots in the right bottom corner and choose “Configuration” and then you have the option to “Copy Theme”) head over to your resources → Themes and edit the theme you use, go to the “Custom CSS” section and paste this code ( Please note that this is my example ):

/* latin */
@font-face {
  font-family: 'Bungee';
  font-style: normal;
  font-weight: 400;
  font-display: swap;
  src: url(https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/bungee/v11/N0bU2SZBIuF2PU_0DXR1.woff2) format('woff2');
  unicode-range: U+0000-00FF, U+0131, U+0152-0153, U+02BB-02BC, U+02C6, U+02DA, U+02DC, U+0300-0301, U+0303-0304, U+0308-0309, U+0323, U+0329, U+2000-206F, U+2074, U+20AC, U+2122, U+2191, U+2193, U+2212, U+2215, U+FEFF, U+FFFD;
}

.time{font-size:9vw!important; font-family: 'Bungee', cursive;}

In my case I used the “Bungee” font with a size of 9vw, remember to adjust size with your needs.

In the CSS selector ( .time{font-size:9vw!important; font-family: ‘Bungee’, cursive;} ) place the name of the font, in this case, replace the ‘Bungee’ for the font you choose.

Edit: Hope you understood and I did not make a mess trying to explain :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Bruno_Cerqueira! This was my first time adding CSS to a theme. Your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hello, my calendar tile always shows me only “nothing in the agenda”, even though some appointments are saved in the calendar. It’s worked well so far. Can anyone help me?

Does your calendar have entries available within the next 7 days?