Wyze V3 camera integration using TinyCam Pro: Issues

Hi everyone, I am new in the forum, with previous experience in smart devices, migrated from wink to Smarthings and would like to share my issue in this forum, I tried to fix it but without any luck. Probable someone already passed before for the same situation and can help me.

I have a Fire HD 8 10th Gen working with Sharptools for a POC. I have a Wyze camera (v3 model) set into TinyCam Pro, the software is running exclusive in a laptop that I set as a server running an Android version. Web server is enabled and for my testing only I am not setting any authentication.
In different browsers (edge, Chrome, Silk) I can see the live feed of the camera without issues if I directly type in the browser the URL from the web server (URl format is: xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8083/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=1) I am not using HTTPS
The issue is coming when I try to set the media tile in Sharptools. I created the tile and I only can see a message “Failed to load image” when I am visualizing the dashboard. I tried with different dimensions in the tile and different refresh intervals.
I watched a ton of videos in youtube and made an extensive research in the forums but was not able to find what is causing the issue.

Hi @Jorge_Anzola-
Welcome to the community!

It seems like the latest Chrome update may have broken the allow insecure content (mixed content). You could try reverting to an earlier version of Chrome with auto-updates disabled until the Chrome team resolves the issue.

Thank you Josh. I am going to review my Chrome version.

According what you said is my understanding if I am using a different browser then I am not going to have this issue. Right?

I have blue iris camera’s which work perfectly on my dashboards from my new tablet, my phone, pc, … Except my old tablet suddenly stopped working a little more than a week ago.

Haven’t looked into it yet, but I guess it’s the same as this.

Very likely the case. Seems to impact Chrome on Android and PC now. On PC, some people are switching to Opera, but I’m concerned that since Opera also uses Chromium it will likely get updated at some point… so hopefully the Chromium project sorts this out soon.

Hi Josh, I abandoned my dashboard during the pandemic. Trying to get back to it. At the time, my biggest issue was accessing my wyze cams thru Tiny cam pro. It looks like this is still an issue for some. My question is that Alexa has able to display wyze cams for some time, and now google home can also display them. There is also wyze webview access. None of these features require a dedicated web server to display camera output. Is there any chance that sharptools will come up with a solution that doesnt involve Tiny cam pro?

If someone wants to put together a Feature Request and Wyze offers an API to their webview and there’s enough interest in the feature, we would certainly be open to it.

In the meantime, you might check if you are able to embed their webview using a Custom Tile.

1 Like

Regarding the issue on the bug introduced in Chromium 111 that breaks IP Camera images over HTTP, make sure to follow the Mixed Content thread as updates are being posted there:

:link: Google Chrome - Mixed Content - Media Not Showing - #9 by josh