WOW!.. changes to several dashboards disapered!

I made alot of changes to at least 3 of my dashboards, adding images, changing tiles, rearanging etc… i made sure to save every time… i also went back and fourth between the dashboards… I then refreshed my browser and went into my main dashboard… notised most had vanished (the latest changes) only one of the dashboards was not affected… :confused:

Any insight ? anyone else had this happening?.. lot of tinkering lost :frowning:

Sorry to hear that - let’s see if we can get to the bottom of what’s going on! You navigated between completed dashboards and saw your changes then they disappeared after? Can you shoot a PM with your email address?

The only time I’ve seen lost changes before is when someone saved the tile from the Tile Editor but didn’t save the actual dashboard with the orange save icon in the bottom right corner of the page. If you were actively navigating between dashboards and seeing changes, then it sounds like that step would have been done.

Actually i used save both on the tile, the orange “disk” and by the 3 doted option bar at the bottom (after the first time this happened…)
I’ll PM You :slight_smile:

Can you clarify what you mean by “and by the three dotted option bar at the bottom.” The orange save icon should automatically disappear if the save was successful and the option bar would change from showing the Save/Cancel option to showing the Edit/New options. If that didn’t happen, then it would indicate that the save wasn’t successful for some reason. If that’s the case, then I wonder if our error messaging should be improved to be more apparent.

You are right… just tried again…
I hit save on the orange save icon, but it does not disappear :confused:
So apparently something is wrong, probably on this end, but at least i know now :slight_smile:

It brings up a point that we need more apparent error messaging when saving a dashboard doesn’t work. My apologies for the inconvenience! :smiling_face:

Happy to… help… :stuck_out_tongue:

TES

1 Like