[WIKI] Custom CSS snippets, verified on SharpTools

Bingo!!! Thank you, very much appreciated!!!

Is there code to change font color? The current temp reading is currently a slight grey on my dash and I would like to make it white to match the rest of the tile.

I figured it out color: color name

Note: You may be noticing a transparency

Use the opacity property to set the transparency level from 0-1, where 0 is completely transparent, 0.5 is 50% and 1 is fully opaque.

{opacity: 1;}

Ok, that fixed that issue. But looks like 1 last one has popped up. This is very weird, the control raise and lower icons, I have set perfect. But when my dashboard refreshes the icons go to a different position. I then have to go back in and save my code again and then they go back to the way I want them. Any idea how to fix that one?

I have a hunch! @Jason_Wise, Can you dm me your CSS - I can take a look at it later today.

1 Like

The Hero attribute tiles are truncating the title and not wrapping. This forces all tiles to wrap the title:

.tile .title { white-space:normal; }

Thanks for sharing. Might be a helpful snippet for someone who only wants the title on certain tiles to be truncated or not. Thereā€™s a dashboard setting (hidden behind the advanced option) to enable or disable truncation of titles across all tiles in the dashboard:

Since you mentioned Hero Attribute Tiles, thereā€™s a setting for the hero attribute tile to wrap or truncate the content on those too. :grinning:

This setting had no effect on the hero attribute title. It was truncated in both the Wrap and Truncate setting.

1 Like

Just pushed a hotfix to resolve the Hero Attribute title not respecting the dashboardā€™s truncate setting. Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha! I was thinking it was a bug that was missed and just not reported. Honestly took me some time to figure out why a couple of titles truncated and others did not, but only about 15 minutes snooping around the DOM to figure it out, so didnā€™t think to report it. Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like

Does anybody know if there is CSS code to add Glow or change the color of Glow on a tile?

I use this for some icons Iā€™ve assigned a specific style to.

#app .tile.--theme-style-dash-active:not(.spacer) .icon  {
   -webkit-filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px #ffc30B) drop-shadow(0 0 2px #ffc30B);
   filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px #ffc30B) drop-shadow(0 0 2px #ffc30B);
}

Iā€™m just on phone, not computer so canā€™t tell if itā€™s formatted properly.

2 Likes

I got it to work, thank you very much.

1 Like

If you want a shadow behind text (e.g. to improve contrast) hereā€™s the CSS code Iā€™ve used lately, that I donā€™t see listed. This is for main content (e.g. hero text on a thermostat tile), but works for title and footer too:
.tile .main-content { text-shadow: 2px 2px 8px #000000a0; }

The first two numbers set the shadow offset, the third sets the shadow blur size and the fourth is the shadow color (transparency works, so this is black with a transparency of A0 (160 in decimal, out of 255, where 0 is fully transparent, 255 or ff is totally opaque).

This works with theme style specific CSS too, which is probably where it is best used.

1 Like

Can you use CSS on an individual tile? I have 1 or 2 tiles on a dashboard that I want to change the text size on but I donā€™t want it applied to everything.

Also, how do you adjust the font size of the default Month calendar?

Yes you can, you have the set those tiles to use a custom style, and then you can use the technique in this thread to apply CSS only to that style: How to move text / labels in tiles with CSS

1 Like

My apologies, this code is inconsistent (it works in Chrome on Windows, but does not work in Chrome on Android or Fully Kiosk Browser on Fire OS). After a bit more playing around, this does work for hero text:
.tile .main-content { font-size: 2.35em!important; }
However, be sure to test it on the platform youā€™re using, as Iā€™ve found the results to be variable (I get a slightly larger font on Android and Fire OS than I do on Windows, Iā€™ve no idea why, and its not much different, but do be sure to check).

1 Like

Is there a way to add text in tile footer?

1 Like

You could use the :before pseudoselector along with the content property.

.tile.switch .tile-footer .status > span:before {
   content: "Switch is "
}

.tile.lock .tile-footer .status > span:before {
    content: "Lock is ";
}

.tile.door-control .tile-footer .status > span:before {
    content: "Door is ";
}

Please note that any custom CSS snippets provided are not officially supported and may need to be adjusted with potential future changes to the SharpTools web app.

2 Likes

Might be stupid question, but how do I find out tile.type?
Examples seems to be stwitch, lock and door-control. How do I know the right type for certain tiles in my dashboard?