[WIKI] Custom CSS snippets, verified on SharpTools

Yes you can, you have the set those tiles to use a custom style, and then you can use the technique in this thread to apply CSS only to that style: How to move text / labels in tiles with CSS

1 Like

My apologies, this code is inconsistent (it works in Chrome on Windows, but does not work in Chrome on Android or Fully Kiosk Browser on Fire OS). After a bit more playing around, this does work for hero text:
.tile .main-content { font-size: 2.35em!important; }
However, be sure to test it on the platform you’re using, as I’ve found the results to be variable (I get a slightly larger font on Android and Fire OS than I do on Windows, I’ve no idea why, and its not much different, but do be sure to check).

1 Like

Is there a way to add text in tile footer?

1 Like

You could use the :before pseudoselector along with the content property.

.tile.switch .tile-footer .status > span:before {
   content: "Switch is "
}

.tile.lock .tile-footer .status > span:before {
    content: "Lock is ";
}

.tile.door-control .tile-footer .status > span:before {
    content: "Door is ";
}

Please note that any custom CSS snippets provided are not officially supported and may need to be adjusted with potential future changes to the SharpTools web app.

2 Likes

Might be stupid question, but how do I find out tile.type?
Examples seems to be stwitch, lock and door-control. How do I know the right type for certain tiles in my dashboard?

I shared some tips on how to do this

2 Likes

Thank’s @Chris_C . That works!
Is there a way to add custom css to specific tile? I have few switches in my dashboard and if I add css it will affect to every switch tile and I would only need customize one tile.

The last example from the wiki shows how you can use a custom style named ‘warning’ and the css to target it.

So its .--theme-style- and then your style name in lowercase.

Alright I have to try that one out.

I still have one question as you are now willing to answer all my stupid questions :smiley:

Is there a way to change color when mode changes to night or away and same thing for HSM when mode changes to Armed?

I used to have three tiles …each for location mode (Day, Away, Night). Now that I’m using mode changer tile (just on tile) it is always as grey as it is. I would like to get more attention with colors when for example HSM is armed (so that my kids do not open door accidentally when HSM is armed)

Hi All,

I’ have the dashboard in an iframe with some dynamic images behind it. I would therefor like to make the dashboard background transparent.
I almost got it working but on the tag i have this class: “grey darken-3 white-text”. Is there a way to overwrite or remove the grey and darken-3 class ? If so then it would be transparent.

/Rasmus

Make sure to use !important to override it. Something along these lines…

body.grey.darken-3 { background-color: transparent!important; }
1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thanks. Actually it turned out that it wasn’t the !important, but the way I had written it.
Apparently it has been to long since I fiddled width CSS last :slight_smile:

/Rasmus

1 Like

I am wondering if there is a way to set the color of the thermostat control arrows. What I would like to do is change the both arrows in red circle to red and both arrows in blue circle to blue to correspond with heating and cooling. I haven’t found a way to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Maybe something like:

.thermostat .heating-controls > a {
    color: red;
}
.thermostat .cooling-controls > a {
    color: blue;
}

And as always…

Please note that any custom CSS snippets provided are not officially supported and may need to be adjusted with potential future changes to the SharpTools web app.

…especially in this case since it’s a fairly narrowly targeted CSS selector that we might tweak in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much. That worked after I added !important

1 Like

Does anybody know css code which will let me add my own jacks icons or do I have to use ones that are already installed

1 Like

@josh Is it possible to implement this box-shadow rendering order change into the STs custom CSS feature? I’m pretty new to CSS and just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

https://blog.dudak.me/2014/css-shadows-under-adjacent-elements/

Yes, you should be able to do this with the custom CSS, but I am curious what design are you trying to achieve?

I’m trying to add some visual depth to tiles that are clickable. Tiles that are informational only will remain visually flat. In the interest of getting the most of the real estate, I want to keep the tile spacing pretty tight. When I get the box-shadow parameters where I like, the shadow bleeds overtop of adjacent tiles making some appear stacked.

If there’s a better way to achieve this, I’m always open to suggestions.

1 Like

it turns out much more tricky than I thought. :frowning: Since the tile div is wrapped within a couple more divs, you cannot use the linked box-shadow trick. So you may either have to adjust the shadow size to avoid the overlap, or use something else like different color/border and etc.