I have humidity and temperature widgets on my Android Pie phone. The humidity widget operates properly, and updates when the humidity changes by a specified amount. However, the temperature widget does not ever update unless I actually open the SharpTools app. I also have the temp widget set to update when the temperature changes by a certain amount.
Any known issues here? Thanks for the responses.
Are you using the built-in Thing Attribute widget to display these values or a custom widget (eg. via Tasker)?
Can you clarify what you mean by you have it set to update when the temperature changes by a certain amount?
From what I can tell, it sounds like the subscription for the Temperature event is not working as expected for some reason. If you’re using the built-in Thing Attribute widget, try the following:
- Remove all widgets that use the temperature attribute for your desired device
- Open the SharpTools app
- Slide out the left navigation and select Subscriptions (bottom of list)
- Tap the Refresh icon in the action bar and wait for the refresh to complete
- If there are any remaining subscriptions for your temperature sensor left, remove them by long-pressing on the temperature subscription and unsubscribing
- Complete the setup of your temperature widget again and verify that the data is updating as expected
I use the built-in Thing Attribute widget.
The SmartThings app has settings for my device through a device type handler. For example, the device will update in SmartThings when the temp changes by more than 0.5 degree Fahrenheit.