Who is SharpTools?

Just tell me if you would rather not share this. However I am new to the community, and see other relatively new people posting comments. I would appreciate having a better understanding of - who is behind SharpTools?

Is it a growing hobby site? A couple of guys “working from their garage”? A small company with a handful (or more) of employees? Is it full time, or part time?

I hope you don’t mind me asking. It is very polished, I’m super impressed, but I just have no idea what it takes to pull something like this together . I am curious though.

Aaron

1 Like

Thanks for the interest, @Aaron_Drysdale! We’re a small company focused on this full time. The following post covers some of the history about how SharpTools came to be:

We appreciate the curiosity! It’s always fun demoing our product at conferences and other events and seeing how surprised people are that we’re a small organization able to build so much cool stuff!

4 Likes

We did get asked many many times in the conferences/events which department we work for in SharpTools. :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for the information, and I wish you both lots of success. I admire the risk taking, and the great attitude you both have with your users.

2 Likes

Are you both developers, or is one more of the developer, and the other person the QA, PM, customer service, BA, etc, etc… person. I’m sure in a small company there are plenty of hats to share around!

Lots of hats are worn!

3 Likes

Don’t let them fool you. They’re from another planet. How do I know? They actually help you out when you have an issue. Completely unheard of from most software vendors so…

5 Likes

I have noticed that! It started the first day I posted a problem and within an hour Josh was asking me for debug log from Chrome. I was really impressed by that.

2 Likes