Websites overtake FHD10

I am having a odd issue. I have SharpTools running all day on an FHD10. Occasionally, we will have google sites pop up. sometimes add’s (not Amazon type adds) like looks like virus type pop ups. In Fully, I swipe from the left and reload the site(Sharptools) and back to normal it goes. I have made sure I am using a good version of fully (reinstalled as well).

I am about to factory reset the tablet but thougth I would ask if anyone esle has seen this?

I’ve never seen that on any of my devices. Most of my devices are Amazon tablets direct from Amazon without any scripts run on them and the only addition is Full Kiosk which I download the Fire OS version directly from the download box on the fully kiosk site.

A few questions:

• What other apps do you have installed on the Fire Tablet?
  • Did you use one of the Fire Tablet formatting scripts that can be found online or how did you install Fully?
  • Are you using the screensaver feature of Fully and if so, what site is used?
  • Can you post a screenshot of one of the ads you are seeing?

I downloaded from the fully kiosk site.

• What other apps do you have installed on the Fire Tablet? - just tiny cam and google play
  • Did you use one of the Fire Tablet formatting scripts that can be found online or how did you install Fully? dont know about the formatting scripts. Just downloaded the APK from fully website
  • Are you using the screensaver feature of Fully and if so, what site is used? I use dakboard. I will double check if fully has something else in it to trigger a site.
  • Can you post a screenshot of one of the ads you are seeing? Next time it happens I will post.

How was Google Play installed? And are you using it for anything? Since it’s not officially sanctioned by Google, that means someone else is providing a modified version of Google Play which means it’s possible for them to inject things into the installation.

If it’s not absolutely needed, I would remove it. Google has cracked down hard on side-loaded content since it can be used to do nefarious things. :thinking:

1 Like

deleting google play… thanks…

1 Like