Weather underground - hubitat

I’ve created a weather underground device in hubitat and added it to my dashboard.

I’ve chosen the attribute “html3dayfcst” but don’t see that updating in sharptools.

I’ve unselected and reselected the device home sharptools in a effort to get it to synch but i only get the below information.

Hubitat

Sharptools

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks.

The following post provides an option if you want to use a Hubitat attribute that has HTML content in it. As the post alludes to, it’s a bit of a hack that some device developers use to inject HTML into their attributes and is not something that you’ll see in official drivers. ’

Alternatively, I would suggest taking a look at the following help article around weather options… the Open Weather Custom Tile is a popular option as it provides a rich set of data. Alternatively, there are a few other options listed in that article.

Thank you for this info. I’m trying the html attribute tile first.

Here’s what i have:

API: https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/a2276d85-b2b5-4c8a-9d22-ff3eacd2d7ea/apps/159/devices/[Device ID]?access_token=XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX

Device ID: [{“id”:“106”,“name”:“Weather Underground”,“label”:“Weather Underground”,“type”:“Wunderground Driver”,“room”:null}]

Attribute: html3dayfcst

But i keep getting an error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘attributes’)

Any ideas how to troubleshoot? I’ve tried without the attribute (same attribute i’m using in hubitat, changed the Device ID to just the ID and entered in the ID in the API where is says [Device ID].

Make sure to follow the steps in the linked thread:

Once the CORS setting is fixed in your Hubitat Maker API configuration, make sure to only use the numeric ID (106) for the Device ID and I suspect you should be good-to-go.

Thank you! The CORS field needed the info you shared.

Now I see the icons, but no data.

Any ideas?

Have you tried a different color background?

I would hazard a guess that they hard-coded the font color in html3dayfcst as white. If the different color background works, I can share some tips and how you could force override the text color in a custom tile.

Nice! I change the style to “active” and everything showed up. If you have suggestions on how to force override the text color, please share! Thanks for the help!!

One approach would be to edit the source of the Hubitat HTML Attribute Display custom tile that you’ve imported to your SharpTools account (or import a second copy of it). You would scroll down to the very bottom of the source and add something like:

<style>
  div, span { color: black!important; }
</style>