Way to switch tiles on device on/off

Is there a way to change tiles based on the current state of a device? I would like to show a weather tile if my switch is off, and if it is on, show an alert tile. So the tile would need to be in the same location in the dashboard, same dimensions.

1 Like

Hi my friend, I think you can simulate this with Super Tiles. If you superpose data and icons that displays content if something is or if something is not. In fact you are going to have just one supertile, but displaying different stuff for each state you want. Please share your project brother !

1 Like

Already using a Super Tile in this fashion, but only to change a text variable. Not sure how to display the default weather tile like this. I tried to see if I could rebuild the weather tile, my thought was to create a text variable with line breaks and icons, but I can’t figure that out. If we could just show and hide icons via an IF statement, that would be really easy. I’ll keep trying to figure it out.

1 Like

I remembered I took a dive on the weather DTH to find out how to handle icons and data to make my own dashboard value tiles, just to be careful to avoid mixing and spoil up the program, Im not an expert, but it has a good logic to make it no so hard to try it, do not forget get backups if something goes wrong …good luck !

IMG_4295

IMG_4294

1 Like