Using Hubitat GroupState from Groups app in Styles

I have a Group tile with Hero Attribute. The primary attribute is groupState. The tile displays SomeOn, AllOff and AllOn depending on its state. But when I try to set styles based on GroupState, the styles don’t work. I’m using as the targets: SomeOn, AllOff and AllOn. I’ve tried using all small, all cap and entering it as is. I’ve enclosed them in " ", ’ ’ and no quotes. When I change the operator to !=, the style kicks in. So, it appears that I just am not using the right Targets. Can someone guide me on this?

Hi @MikeS - welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I’m not intimately familiar with groupState - is that using a particular driver or app?

As an update, I saw that your account had a Hubitat location associated with it, so I made an educated guess that you might be using the built-in “Groups and Scenes” app within Hubitat to create a group.

I took a look through that app and I suspect you are using the settings:

• Use group device to indicate if any members are on
  • Show group state in group device :point_left:

For whatever reason, that second setting of “Show groups state in group device” didn’t hold for me, so I had to go back in and edit the app settings to get it to apply. Once that was done, I was able to see the groupState attribute you were referring to.

So I toggled the group devices a few times and the states I saw reported were:

allOff
allOn
someOn

So I used that exact case sensitive set of values in the State Mapping for a Hero Attribute tile and it worked for me. Here’s a brief video showing the settings I used and a demo toggling a few of the group items to watch the states change.

I really appreciate it. The tile capitalizes the first letter of the group state, which created confusion on my part. Changing to someOn, etc fixed it. Thank you very much.